Easy Clean Aid at Index?

fenderfour

I want to get on some easy clean aid in the area. Index seems like a natural choice. I am looking for routes that would be good beginner practice areas. City Park comes to mind, but that's about all I know. Any other suggestions?

Clean only - no nailing, no heads

Some easy hooking is ok, but no long runouts

Cam hooks will be available

Largish free climbing rack will be used (2 sets of nuts, 1 full set of cams with doubles in the smaller sizes, full set of hexes)

-Thanks Y'all.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't have brass nuts... some stuff will maybe not even be possible. I'm not sure tho. City Park is the worst of them all IMHO. High on the list is the Narrow Arrow route mentioned above. Here is a list of good ones.

-Iron Horse ok

-Arachnid Arch ok

-10% ok

-Stern Farmer good

-City Park kinda lame

-Narrow Arrow variation good!

-Narrow Arrow Direct ok

-Shirley good!

All the routes mentioned, with the exception of 10% are free routes. You might want to look at the top of Shirley p1 just to make sure there is an anchor available so that you don't have to leave a piece, if that is all you want to climb. If there isn't an anchor, it is easy to swing over to NA Direct but if you are by yourself it would be a pain.

Edit: An anchor does exist.

Edited by DCramer

I soloed city park, then two pitches to the top, up slow childern I think. I thought it was fun and easy. I think you should run out and get some cam hooks before you go. If you are really thinkin you might like to get into aiding you might as well get some cam hooks now and learn to use them right off the bat.

IMHO all of those are awesome training routes, to call city park lame is foolish, especially for someone new to aiding. Just getting up on any of those routes is key to expanding your horizons, we all started there, so save the judgemental comments for pub clubs. nya.gif

-Iron Horse ok

-Arachnid Arch ok

-10% ok

-Stern Farmer good

-City Park kinda lame

-Narrow Arrow variation good!

-Narrow Arrow Direct ok

-Shirley good!