Portland Pub Club

b-rock

Na! can't make [big Drink] My busted up little brother is coming over tonight. His pro motocross career is probably over and he needs help planning his new future. Burger King is hiring aren't they?

I'm still holding out hope that my original plan will stay together. I'm waiting to hear from John if he can still go (he's working on a staph(sp)infection) Anyhow, if John can't make Smith, I'm gonna stay local.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by ivan:

brock- can't climb tonight but i'd be all about it on thursday...if yer at the pubclub (and i must add, it would be mighty odd were you not, having planned it and all) we can discuss in whispers to avoid the ears of the aforementioned wild cactus

Bummer, commited to some single track tomorrow eve. See y'all at Pro Row.

the pirate treasure is a single nut stuck in the southeast corner route...its about 10 meters above the large tree that's the anchor at the end of the 3rd pitch...i think a pry bar would help, as the fucking thing will move around like crazy, but just will not squeeze out anywhere (and after 40 minutes of trying, one must admit, shit, this thing cost 5 bucks)

You use a tree as an anchor for the third pitch? I usually use those shiny bolt thingys pounded into the rock. The only tree I use for an anchor on SE corner is the top of the second pitch. Do you count the traverse at the top of the first pitch as a "pitch" itself? If this is the tree of which you speak I got a nut stuck in the same spot. My partner got it out no problemo. Weird how that works sometimes

If that nut is on the SE corner its gone by now.

pub club was sweet last night...i especially enjoy the close proximity of produce row to that second hand climbing shop...gave me a chance to be tempted

so is the tradition going to last the winter?

how long did you foolios remain to drink?

Fun guy, I sent an email to shred about climbing Beacon on Sat. supposed to be the nicest weather day. I was thinking of heading out mid-morning. Maybe we could all car-pool?

On another topic....Yes, I do believe that the Portland Pub Club should extend throughout the entire winter [big Drink] Cause baby PC [rockband]

Yo Shred, who do you think you're fooling. I would have to say that by your last comment, that quite possibly makes you the biggest sandbagger I know. Maybe you forgot, but I've climbed with you a few times. The first time was right after you told me that you hadn't climbed much this year then turned around and waltzed up a .10A. But don't worry, I wont tell anybody. [Wink]

If this is for this Sat. 10/26 I'd be up for Beacon. I've climbed the SE corner once with b-rock and wouldn't mind doing it again. My ability limits me to .8's but I'd be willing to try a .9 or two (no promises though) [Eek!] Actually, I'd like to try a .9 since I've never really been on one (I've been on a few .10's with no luck [Frown] )

Let me know what you think,

Craig

[ 10-24-2002, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: CraigA ]