Photo Gallery up and running

jon

Hello Gapers and Gaperettes,

Spent a couple hours tonight working on installing the new photo album software and it appears to be working. My last attempt months ago didn't go so well but I think I got it nailed this time.

The album can be found here:

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/cgi-bin/album/album.pl

The album authenticates using your message board login and password when uploading photos. You can upload multiple images at the same time and give them a title and description. I've created a bunch of different categories based on user feedback. In time I may create a seperate album instance for users to upload to a home directory.

Please make sure you upload to the correct directory and not to the base of the photo album!! I haven't figure out how to fix this yet.

Also since I just got this working there might be some problems, so if you come across a bug post it here so I can look into it.

Under no circumstances shall the photo gallery be abused!! That means no offensive picts.

Knock youselves out!

[ 10-14-2002, 12:26 AM: Message edited by: jon ]

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

Please make sure you upload to the correct directory and not to the base of the photo album!! I haven't figure out how to fix this yet.

Whoops
[laf]
maybe you might give the option to delete in case somebody else screws it up.

You did that on purpose didn't you [Wink]

What do people think of the categories? Did I leave out anything?

One other thing if you haven't noticed in the upload section is that the limit is 150 kb for a single file. We'd appreciate it if you kept you files as small as possible so it doesn't suck up disk space on our server. I know there are some of you with digital cameras and scanners who don't know how to make your files smaller so I'll post some instructions on how to do this soon.

OK, I went into the southern wa cascades and uploaded a picture and it came out in the middle of the album page....not in the southern wa cascades album.

It had to have been the program, it couldn't possibly have been my screw up. [Wink]

Anyway, how do I move it or delete it so I can try and screw it up again?

Craig

Ok folks there is a problem when you upload multiple photos, it creates the same thumbnail for all the photos. You can continue to upload multiple files or you can do them one at a time, I'll just go through and quickly fix the thumbnails. But not now I'm at work. [Mad][Frown]