Mount Hood - Timberline Mountain Guides

HankMcCain

Hi all...

I'm looking to do a guided climb of Hood this June with some instruction beforehand. This will be my first technical/snow climb. The only guide service I've found so far has been Timberline Mountain Guides. Has anyone ever used them or heard anything about them? Or can you recommend any other services to look into?

Thanks...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hank, I am sure you could find a partner somewhere other than the guide service, but if you have never climbed on a mountain like hood, invest the $ in Timberline Mt. Guides. They are not huge like RMI. They are a very reputable, smaller company and you will have fun with them too. But most importantly, you will learn a lot of important skills from professionals in 2 days that you can then take on to other mountains if you're hooked.

Mt Hood is a great place to start climbing big mountains with glaciers and some altitude. Go with the guide service and it will open more doors than just hooking up with a stranger.

Feel free to PM if you want more info. I really like Pete and Steve and I know you will too!

Getting someone on the page to let you tag along I think would be a more fulfilling and a better learning experience for you.

WRT guides/outdoor professionals though there are some guides out there who are competent and qualified that are not either AMGA or IFMGA certified/endorsed you can always rest assured if your guide is AMGA and/or IFMGA certified.

Getting someone on the page to let you tag along I think would be a more fulfilling and a better learning experience for you.

WRT guides/outdoor professionals though there are some guides out there who are competent and qualified that are not either AMGA or IFMGA certified/endorsed you can always rest assured if your guide is AMGA and/or IFMGA certified.

AMGA ?= All Money Gone Away

• 2 weeks later...