Cheaper Online buys

Blake

There's a webpage called "ebates" that will automatically mail you a rebate check for purchases made from a wide variety of online retailers, including many climbing/outdoors places. (REI, Altrec...) The discounts aren't huge, but it is simple to use and there doesn't seem to be a catch.

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Edited by jon

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Get Ad-Aware and/or Spybot Search and Destroy. Both are recommended by Microsoft to get rid of Spyware.

Clean out your cookies and files everytime you surf. Run this software at least weekly. Make sure your virus software is current and has automatic updating. Make sure you have windows update on automatic for critical updates. And, if you're paranoid about anything else that might be saved on your computer, get Window Washer by Webroot.

So this is where I picked up that Ebates bug! I was wondering .. I would suggest not clicking the above link. I did, and now Ebates is always popping up and taking me off my current page. Add/Remove Programs does not get rid of it.

After running your spyware software and cleaning up all the adware, don't run IE - it is prone to these viruses. Use Mozilla Firefox as your browser instead.