The American Taliban

DPS

It occurred to me that the Bush administration is America's version of the Taliban; the religious right taking over the country. Our American Taliban is no different in principle than the Afgani Taliban, only the religious flavor is slightly different.

The christian right will of course argue that it is completely different because christianity is the correct religion (the Afgani Taliban argued the same thing) and is the best thing for this country. Meanwhile our freedoms will be stripped away.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The christian right will of course argue that it is completely different because christianity is the correct religion (the Afgani Taliban argued the same thing) and is the best thing for this country.

No I won't. I will argue that the majority of the country supports Bush, though.

Face it. You're the minority. The majority of us think you're bonkers.

hey speaking of the Taliban!

Message in a Bottle

Osama bin Laden's half brother Yeslam Bin Ladin is out to prove that all Bin Ladins are not alike. He's selling a perfume advertised as "a profound, yet gentle, message in a bottle for all who long for inner peace." The 54-year-old Saudi citizen initially wanted to name the scent "Bin Ladin" (using the family's preferred spelling of the name), but opted instead for the more discreet "Yeslam." Bin Ladin says he has no connection to al-Qaida and barely knew his father, who died years ago, or his notorious half brother. Bin Ladin will sell Yeslam for $30 an ounce in Europe and the Middle East. "I would love to launch it in the States," the perfume maker said. "What do you think the reaction would be?"

-- Jenny McKeel

It occurred to me that the Bush administration is America's version of the Taliban; the religious right taking over the country. Our American Taliban is no different in principle than the Afgani Taliban, only the religious flavor is slightly different.

The christian right will of course argue that it is completely different because christianity is the correct religion (the Afgani Taliban argued the same thing) and is the best thing for this country. Meanwhile our freedoms will be stripped away.

doryanimation.gif

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif