Patagonia Element Jacket

hohm

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are talking about the "Stretch Element" ... I picked one these up about 6 months ago from Sierra Trading Post for $200 ... so far I am really digging it. .

F_42052_1.jpg

Fairly light weight, compresses well. Not the prettiest thing to look at but I have never been accused of being a fashion queen. I figure it will make the carcass easier to locate. No frills ... the hood fits a helmet well even on my large melon. The combo pit zips-handwarmer pockets take a little getting used to.

Finally! Another opportunity to speak Pataguc'ise.

The fickle weather of the Great Trango Tower can bring new meaning to the definition of commitment. The Stretch Element jacket won't let you down on your latest project, whether jugging the lines in Kzyrghstshtian, sipping mochas in the Pearl District, or catching a taxicab in Borneo.

No, sorry I have never sipped mochas wearing this jacket. I just take opportunities to practice the dialect.

I do have a friend who has that jacket and likes it very much though. My guess is if it fits you you will like it. And even if you don't like it, you can take it back and get something else. That's why it costs 4 billion dollars. Well, that and because it has been worn in Kyberzizygistan and has hitchhiked the karakoram highway. wave.gifsnugtop.gif

I have this jacket. It's great, but good thing they got rid of the mouth flap thing. The zipper only goes up to the top of your chest, and then a velcro flap closes the rest. It sucks because if you want some extra ventilation the stupid flap flaps around in the wind. Also, the drawstrings for the hood are right inside and rest on your cheeks. That was annoying. They redesigned both things for their 2004 model (I got mine last fall on closeout). The one pictured above is the one that I have. Other than that, it's a sweet jacket, kept me plenty dry.

Maybe they can make a rope with the same technology

Brilliant! And you could coil it up and bake gu muffins in the morning.

I was surprised the met5 did not include a poptart toasting pocket. Warm pastry on a climb? Seems like a no-brainer to me.

OK...I just padded the evil empires pockets.....purchased an Element from REI-outlet.com.....reduced from $360 to $199.....Thanks for all the salient and linguistic advice.....Chimbaroza here I come!

Edited by hohm