Wired Debates

Squid

Does wearing a wire during a debate matter?  

267 members have voted

1. 1. Does wearing a wire during a debate matter?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You cats sound alot like the Drudge bunch after the debate:

Kerry pulled something from his pocket!! OMG!! What was it?

Well, I think it's fairly obvious at this point. The round cylindrical object Kerry pulled from his suit jacket was clearly a...

BIG 'OL CAN OF WHOOP-ASS.

This conspiracy shit is funny. Although it is fairly widespread knowledge that Bush sometimes uses earpieces during speeches, he wouldn't try to cheat in the debate. Getting caught would guarantee defeat, it would be a Watergate moment. And besides, if you search out a shot of Kerry's back from the debate, he had the same box shaped lump on his back. Probably a mic batt pack (usually worn on a belt, but that would pull down your pants slightly and be unacceptable to pres candidates standing up)

Bush does occasionally use an earpiece though. There is some scanner intercept from a thing he did w/ Chirac where they picked up someone reading his lines before he said them.

The Bush camp finally issued a denial, but for some reason didn't explain what the thing on his back is.

...if you search out a shot of Kerry's back from the debate, he had the same box shaped lump on his back.

I can't find a photo of Kerry's back from the debate - Will, can you post this photo? I recognize that it will be hard work, so thanks in advance...

I remember seeing one shortly after the debate, but I can't locate it.

Here is a pic of Bush from "the ranch", you'll notice a similar protrusion on his back. Looks like kevlar or something. Or maybe he's wearing a back-brace...that might explain why he skipped his physical this year and why he was slumping over at the podium.

401805-ranch.jpg

401805-ranch.jpg.595915546cd491d832b06d2996c5f7f1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...