If you could only do one climb....

Lambone

....in the Cascades this fall Alpine season, which climb would you do?

I think I might be able to get 1 three day weekend to make the trek up to the North Cascades (from So. Oregon), thinking about abandoning my annual climb of the NR on Stuart for something different, but in the same caliber.

I'm thinking:

-Torment-Forbidden Traverse

or

-NR of Slesse

Approach time is definately a factor since I will be adding a 7 hr drive to Seattle on ei9ther end of the trip... frown.gif

Also, which weekend is going to be sunny?

smirk.gifbigdrink.gif

You guys are all very lucky up there...by the way. the_finger.gif

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

probably in order of interest for me:

TF Traverse or north ridge of Forbidden would both be sweet

Backbone on Dragontail

Northeast Buttress of Colchuck (5.9/10a, long, generally good rock and not often traveled)

West Arete of Eldorado

Early Morning Spire

Bunny face at smith

thanks,

Dru and Alex....I suppose I'm looking for somewhere in between a contrived/illegal sport climb and a Willis wall death route.

The NE But of Colchuck is a good one...I wen't to do that with erik once but we ended up smoking a bunch of weed instead, go figure...

Three days? How about a light and fast Ptarmigan Traverse, remind you just how low and lackluster the tatty ends of the cascades really are down in your neck of the woods. Perhaps go get some deep-in-the-north-cascades goodness and do Challenger. North side of Bonanza. Hozomeen by any route. Stuart range is lovely, but haven't you logged enough time in there over the years?

Stuart range is lovely, but haven't you logged enough time in there over the years?

yeah...hence the question...

Thanks for the recomendation, although I'd like to think I was burly enough for such a marathon...I'd be kidding myself. I need some short approach weekend warrior type shit. If there are other climbers there...that's fine by me as long as they are nice.

N Ridge of Triumph has been calling me for a while too...