Kayaking Survey

JayB

So how many of the folks that post here paddle? Seems like there's quite a few based on the responses I've had after going fishing for spare gear in the Yard Sale Forum.

I know of at least one - Fromage - besides myself as I bought a padddle from him recently - but there must be others. Raise your hand for a headcount.

Also - FWIW it looks like a bunch of local rivers will be in condition tomorrow after a long drought - especially the moderate stuff that I am into. Someone should go out and get after them!

Washington Gauge Info

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah if you check the gauges there was a fairly significant spike in the flows after the recent rain event - I think the Middle Fork of the Snoqualmie went from about 250cfs to close to 10,000 cfs in about 24 hours. The surge could certainly have dislodged some debris - but keeping an eye out for wood should be part of the standard practice for everyone all the time.

I have often thought it would be nice if there was a cc.com like board for boaters where people could notify one another of new logjams and other hazards. It wouldn't be a substitute for independent assesment - but would be mighty helpful nonetheless.

...I have often thought it would be nice if there was a cc.com like board for boaters where people could notify one another of new logjams and other hazards. It wouldn't be a substitute for independent assesment - but would be mighty helpful nonetheless.

Kayaking.peak.org

This page puts up occasional updates. There's the washington kayak club also. You can look up the link in google. Not big but does have some info. There is the seattle kayaker group on yahoo also. American whitewater dot org (shown above) is another great page.

It is nice to see the water going up. I haven't kayaked in a bit but I hope to hit some easier creeks soon. I keep getting reminders like this that stir up fond memories of the river.