Do NOT read this post, unless.....

Kevin_Matlock

Got your attention? Good. Ok, here's the deal...

I'm looking for a climbing partner(s) in the Portland area with comparable climbing skills/motivation/free time to pick off some of the awesome peaks we have around here in the great NW.

In the past I've either hooked up with flakes or friends that are petrified of heights (oddly enough this makes it tough to summit!).

I guess what this means is that I'm looking for climbers who are in the same age group (I'm 36), who aren't busy with their kid's soccer practice or themselves training for K2, and someone close enough by me so it's not a major logistical challenge to get together. I'm just looking for a plain old everyday Joe (or Jane) who wants to get out there and do a summit or two (or three or four...). However, by no means would I object to hooking up with an experienced rock god; just so long as you don't mind showing me the ropes a little bit. I am happy to be your route bitch.

My experience is years of hiking and cascade climbs (hood, sisters, washington, adams, etc). I have some limited experience on rock but would LOVE to learn more. Have some gear already and I'm itching to get it dirtier.

In the past I've done mostly solo climbs but I want to move up the difficulty level a little bit,

but me and da wife have grown fond of my existence and think I should remain LIVING. And... crevasse rescue by yourself generally sucks ass.

Some climbing goals? In no particular order: north sister, jefferson, three finger jack, TONS of stuff in WA. Or... whutch you got???

So, lets summarize: do you like climbing? Do you have the odd weekend on occasion to get out into the mountains? Do you have a warped sense of humor and like to drink beer? bigdrink.gif GOOD, so pick up the phone and call now... oh, well, reply to this post or email me at kevinmatlock (at) yahoo (dot) com .

-OR-

Can you squeeze me in between your 1 o'clock PTA meeting and your 5 o'clock Pilates course? Are you a highly skilled climber who smokes so much dope sometimes you can't tell the difference between a carabiner and a caribou? hahaha.gif Do you like the mountains... especially when you see them on postcards? Good... then RUN... RUN in the opposite direction.... run... keep running.... don't stop... run....

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-OR-

Can you squeeze me in between your 1 o'clock PTA meeting and your 5 o'clock Pilates course? Are you a highly skilled climber who smokes so much dope sometimes you can't tell the difference between a carabiner and a caribou? hahaha.gif Do you like the mountains... especially when you see them on postcards? Good... then RUN... RUN in the opposite direction.... run... keep running.... don't stop... run....

I think that describes most of us on the site, unfortunatly. cry.gif Except the Caribou is fluffier and softer and is difficult to stick clip and I don't do Pilaties. PTA yes.

hellno3d.gifgrin.gif

Are your belays any good? Anything about your skill level for technical stuff.

Most show around 5-ish, except for Bill...he lurks in the bushes waiting to pounce like a hungry caribou.

Folks usually gather in a couple of spots, either below the dome at the breakfast cracks or a little above the dome at video bluff, just look for a buncha mountie-wanna-be looking goofs minus the athletic tape name tags on our helmets.