Kids' Rope-Up 2004

Bug

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the group site at Chatter Creek for $150 wether I show up or not. That's where I'll be. If you want to suck some people over to Vantage,you have the right. Have a good time.

Leavenworth could suck but most likely it will be fine with scattered sowers. There are a million things to do with kids in the woods.

I can't come. Ex-wife wouldn't give me the kid for "her" weekend. Anyone who doesn't go due to iffy weather, I'd be up for impromptu kids rope up next weekend. We don't need to reserve a campground. Let me know.

We're up for it. I'd like to get my 2 year old out there as well. I have a feeling he's gonna be a great un'

Perhaps Ex 38 if its nice?

I have the group site at Chatter Creek for $150 wether I show up or not. That's where I'll be. If you want to suck some people over to Vantage,you have the right. Have a good time.

Leavenworth could suck but most likely it will be fine with scattered sowers. There are a million things to do with kids in the woods.

We're going for the kids ropeup...Vantage was only a suggestion. We're hangin with the group either way so even if you don't like it, you're stuck with us!

Ewww....smelly boys wink.gif Am I still the only girl (old woman)? wazzup.gif

1768Image018CROP.jpg

That just ain’t right. It’s like a nickel made a wood.

The Kid’s rope up was sunny and warm. Too bad Meredith got poked in the eye with a sharp stick and only four families showed up and I had to run to the Emergency room before I collected from everybody. But hey, I hope all of you who said you’d come AND DIDN'T don’t expect to be taken seriously in the future. YOU ARE FLAKES! I have your names. Pay up or don’t post without expect flaming replies about how flaky you are. Can you tell I just had three glasses of red wine after driving for two hours after watching my 6 year old getting 2 stitches in her face less than ½ inch from her eye? Notice the bruising? If that flying stick (that was thrown by one brother at another brother) would have been just a little higher, we’d be lookin at a one-eyed girl. THAT SUCKS! So do people who say they’re going climbing with you and bail because it’s raining in Seattle.

I’d still rather be climbing with the family with the kid that threw the stick. At least that kid will probably loose his bicycle privileges until Mer’s stitches are out. The rest of you are typical CC.COMers. All post, no climbing.

Whew! I feel better now.

Billygoat, Snowbyrd, Fatswaller, and I were the only families camping out. Another couple families came and climbed too. Thank you all for showing up. We had a great time and even Meredith was talking excitedly about it when we got home. The weather cooperated quite well with a little rain here and there. We climbed at playground point Sat and Clamshell Cave Sun. Everybody climbed well and some climbed twice as well.

Some drank a bit and others drank a lot. We heard Fatswaller tell it like it is and Snowbyrd tell it like it should be. Billygoat and family made it from Martha’s vineyard in the sound. I brought two extras just cuz I am not stressed out enough lately. We ate one pig, two fish, half a cow and lots of barley and malt. Thanks to Snowbyrd for bringing the great beer. Micah is a great kid. Good work! Good times had with the rest of you as well! And don’t worry about Meredith. She’s tough. Just be aware that next year, she’ll be packin a pellet gun. wave.gif

Whew! Glad you got that off your chest Keith. shocked.gif

Overall it was a blast! The weather was rather good and the group was quite copasetic. We enjoyed some great climbs and good conversation. There was some sugar fueled shenanigans that ultimately ended in a trip to the hospital, but it sounds like it won't negatively affect Meredith's enjoyment of boys in woods.

Thanks Bug, for putting this one together thumbs_up.gif I hope Meredith recovers well and it was good to watch Olivia work through the physical and mental cruxes of Noisy Oyster cheeburga_ron.gif Thanks Fats for showing us around and for the laughs. Melissa is cool.gif Jed was diggin' your boys rockband.gif Nina, great to meet you and Michah. I was enjoying your enthusiam for climbing. That will take you places. fruit.gif Viktor, if you are reading this, good to see you and your family on Saturday and thanks for the great guide book you have put out thumbs_up.gif This version is the best even if it has a picture of Dave Bale on the cover yellaf.gif

To those who did not make it: We missed you cry.gif But hey, we will be doing it again...

bigdrink.gif