Alan Kearny book RoX!

Cpt.Caveman

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just picked up the book this weekend. Nothing too new, but some of the stories are pretty good. I'm looking forward to Early monring spire and cathedral peak.

Some of his ratings sounded a little high to me. Is there any concensus on if this book overrates routes?

I have used Alans topos and descriptions on 4-5 climbs so far this year and they have been less than perfect in a few cases, but in my opinion his info has been quite a bit better than most of the other books I have used on the same climbs. He is a little vague on seasons, gear needed, times, and distances, in some cases but that was intentional. The biggest advantage to Alans book is, as stated earlier, his personal experience with the routes.

Great book.

Coley

I've been thinking about getting that book but there are new editions of Beckey and Nelson guides in the work and there is only so much cash I'm willing to drop on guidebooks... [Wazzup]

Doesn't the Kearny book have info on some climbs in BC too? Is it good? What's a good book for alpine routes in BC anyway?

[ 08-01-2002, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: fleblebleb ]