Humorous, Yet Frightening

EWolfe

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, this has nothing to do with the Gambler, but...

Bro is hiking a split-board, with what looks like some single-section, non-collapsable ski poles. Looks like you were approaching a climb (rope in the pack, helmet, etc), rather than hiking for turns, but here's the question: WTF do you do with those long-ass ski poles when you're riding the board? Stash them up your arse? Do some kinda hybrid snowboarding with poles (and would that make you a "pole rider"? blush.gif )

Well, the poles are purely for beating off the mountain ladies who wait and try to ambush us on the trail. They can't resist the sight of a splitboard strapped onto such a humungous pack. cool.gif You may also notice my impressively overkill BD Makos for just in case we find some waterfall ice, and the cool snowboard pack secured atop the overnight pack, so I can look extra cool on summit day. Cuz you know, there's no more to life than looking "really really really really really ridiculously good-looking."

2001zoolandermain.jpg

Didn't you read my post?

and the cool snowboard pack secured atop the overnight pack, so I can look extra cool on summit day

Actually it was all part of my approach handicap. The best part was traversing 45 degree moss over bedrock with that pack on. Man that was some CORE 'shwhacking! pitty.gif

Didn't you read my post?

and the cool snowboard pack secured atop the overnight pack, so I can look extra cool on summit day

Actually it was all part of my approach handicap. The best part was traversing 45 degree moss over bedrock with that pack on. Man that was some CORE 'shwhacking! pitty.gif

Being on a splitboard was more than enough of an approach handicap. hahaha.gif

Didn't you read my post?

Being on a splitboard was more than enough of an approach handicap. hahaha.gif

Uh, who skinned up the Eldorado Glacier?