Labrador Mountaineer?!?!?!?

barkernews

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, they say that a monkey and a lady in high heels have summitted Hood. . .so why not a cute mountaineer lab? Personally, I wouldn't risk MY dog's life on a climb like that. Even though they have built in crampons, I think it would be a little unpredictable with a dog.

One time when I was on Das Toof, this Seattle fireman brought his dog up and right underneath Pineapple Pass the dog completely freaked and got scared. The guy was completely surprised that his dog freaked out. He told me his dog usually is fine in the mountains and on steeper slopes. You just never know. . .

I went ice climbing with my dog one time and didn't tie him up at the bottom. I thought he would just have fun running around. Well we started up the climb and he followed clawing his way up an easy grade 2 by our standards with ice axes and crampons. I thought he would turn around but he made it up 200 feet to the first belay, he was scared shitless though, you could see it in his eyes. So my girlfriend grab him and tossed him over her shoulder and I lowered the two of them.

Zoko was a nut, he could climb 5.5 slab pretty good. I always thought it would be cool to get him a rescue harness and make up some stealth booties to see what he could really do.

Yeah Zoko or as I use to call him at time Zokie was awesome, poor guy is probably not living the same life he use to live when I was around. Ah the mountain bike rides, the climbs, the swimming. A toast bigdrink.gif to Zoko and all mountain doggies.

I agree you T Nolse lab pic is the ultimate in mountain doggie photos. thumbs_up.gif

I buddy of mine was up on ST Hellens in the winter 3 years ago and a guy had his dog up there. Everything was great the dog was running around till it got to close to the edge and fell off!! The guys lab fell 3000+ feet to its death I would hate to see that happen to anyones best friend.