Nepal airfare question . .. .

JasonG

My wife and I are planning a trip for this Oct/Nov and are curious what would be considered a good deal on airfare, and/or where people have had luck finding such deals. We plan on spending time in Thailand on the way back so we will probably buy two tickets, one RT to Bangkok and another RT from Bangkok to Kathmandu. Currently I'm finding fares around $800 to Bangkok and $600 fares RT between Bangkok and KTM. Thanks for any info/help!!!! wave.gif

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I paid about $600 for the Bangkok-Kathmandu portion of my trip back in 98. Got the other portion using miles. smile.gif

I have had great luck in the past using a company called Airbrokers Int'l out of San Francisco for getting international tickets cheap. Give them a call.

A couple years ago they set me and a friend up with tickets to Bangkok for $730 ea, 2 weeks before our trip. The best price I saw online at the time was about $1300.

It seems like that airfare doesn't change a whole lot, as it was about the same 1100-1200 or so 15 years ago too.

The only advice I can think of is watch your restrictions for rescheduling. You will likely be gone a while, and by the time you get closer to your return trip, you may have changed your mind on when you want to do it. That, and look at the prospect of using outfits like Thai Airlines, as they have a track record of better service than folks like United.

It used to be you could save a few bucks flying into Malaysia (may or may not be the case now). From there, you wouldn't be that far from the skinny middle part of the country where you typically might go for your beach visit.

I have been to KAT multiple times. My tickets ran between $950 and $1200. It all depends on if you fly out of Vancouver Canada instead of LAX or Seattle. Another cheaper way to go is through Bombay or New Dehli.

If you go through Bangkok look at upgrading your tickets to Business class for the Nepal leg. I did this a few times and the cost was only about $45 more round trip. That was with Royal Nepal.

Hope this helps............

KTM is cheapest via small travel agencies found in the back of the Sunday LA Times travel section (available at any Barnes&Noble) -- look for Korean Air-centric bucket shops. Flights are via LAX, Incheon, then BKK, but are the cheapest of any I've seen/used; new 777 aircraft on all legs.

I just purchased a very cheap ticket to Kat for 1400USD. the departure flight is in August which is the high season and the reason for the higher price. Go through Third Eye Travel, they are the cheapest I have been able to find anywhere, even when searching online. They mentioned it would be a few hundred dollars cheaper if I could fly in Oct. www.thirdeyetravel.com