Funny post about number-chasing from RC.com

RuMR

*rob steps atop soapbox*

to all those who scoff when i ask what a route is rated. to all those who tell me they just climb for "the fun". to all who balk when i ask how hard they climb. i have something for you to hear... come closer ... closer... i want to make sure you hear me well... ok right there...

NUMBERS WILL MAKE ME STRONG SO STEP OFF B!TCHES

that's right. i am a number chaser. line up the firing squad cuz i am guilty as charged.

of all the things that i find rewarding about climbing, the challenge is the most important to me. i willingly admit i want to climb one number higher than i do right now. word.

i don't want to climb moderates forever, how boring. i want to fukking rock.

i don't want to be happy doing long easy routes. i want to knock off six pitches of insanely difficult trad before lunch on a bad day.

i want to climb WI6 in my sleep.

i want to send the V10 problems most only dream about.

i want to spray like a sprinkler head when i finally redpoint .11d, i earned it goddammmit now worship me!111

i want to have a way to judge how well i am doing.

i want to compare and compete with others.

i want to always reach for the next level. the next NUMBER. THATS RIGHT!1 I SAID IT!1

i want to take huge falls because i was willing to commit to hard moves.

i do not want to be content to "just be with my friends" or "just enjoy the outdoors". those things are fine for some, but climbing means more to me than just that.

and if i ever stop wanting to do these things, if i ever stop caring about numbers, bag me up and send me to the morgue. my life will be over because my spirit will have died.

so let me have my numbers. and keep your indignant chortling to a minimum all you soft-bodies. becuz if you come to me all self-righteous like, quoting alex lowe and dangling way too much sparkling gear off of your fat asses. i will slap you upside the head with your cowbell hexes and do one armed pullups on your double chin until you beg for mercy. TRUF!!!11

*rob gets off of soap box and kicks it upside down*

that is all.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad part is that that dickneck probably believes that shit deep down. The funny part is that he's probably 140# soaking wet and couldn't slap anybody upside the head. I'd like to see that pathetic twerp step up to somebody and start spouting; he'd get his ass handed to him. On a philosophical note, I think it's sad that he will only feel successful when he's comparing himself to others; he'll never find fulfillment or peace that way.

to all those who tell me they just climb for "the fun".

That guy died brah.

NUMBERS WILL MAKE ME STRONG SO STEP OFF B!TCHES

No, climbing and training will make you strong...bitch.

i willingly admit i want to climb one number higher than i do right now. word.

Really? I admit I want to climb cool routes, like the 5.9 Steck Salathe. Werd.

i want to fukking rock.

I want to send you to a remedial english class.

i want to climb WI6 in my sleep.

Good thing because the only place you'll be climbing WI6 is in your dreams. Werd.

i want to send the V10 problems most only dream about.

Well, whatever creams your twinkie partner. I dream about long free routes in the Trangos. Maybe you should set the bar a little higher too...V10 ain't all that hard.

i want to spray like a sprinkler head when i finally redpoint .11d, i earned it goddammmit now worship me!

.11d? That's the warm up route at the Hell Cave. I think you're well on your way to the sprinkler head thing, lessons from Polish Bob would cut down the learning time thoughthumbs_up.gif

i want to compare and compete with others.

If I catch you trying to cop a peak at urinals again, there's gonna be hell to pay George Michael boxing_smiley.gif

i want to always reach for the next level. the next NUMBER.

That's rich. I can name off a long list of 5.9s that would shut your whiney ".11d" ass down.

i want to take huge falls because i was willing to commit to hard moves.

Finally, something worthwhile.

if i ever stop caring about numbers, bag me up and send me to the morgue. my life will be over because my spirit will have died.

And all your fellow wankers will wear black Prana beanies for three days of mourning before dogging up your .11d project. "I sent it with only 3 hangs brah!"

becuz if you come to me all self-righteous like, quoting alex lowe and dangling way too much sparkling gear off of your fat asses. i will slap you upside the head with your cowbell hexes and do one armed pullups on your double chin until you beg for mercy. TRUF!!!

Alex Lowe said: "The bestest fun is climbing the most".

Now let's go bitch boxing_smiley.gif

Are you jealous, Greg? hahaha.gif

Not in the least. My climbing is driven by almost the exact opposite of this dork. Maroons like this toad make me laugh is all. In my view, you miss half the experience of climbing if you don't stop to look at the beauty of your surroundings once in awhile.

Not in the least. My climbing is driven by almost the exact opposite of this dork. Maroons like this toad make me laugh is all. In my view, you miss half the experience of climbing if you don't stop to look at the beauty of your surroundings once in awhile.

yeah...what he said! I dig those prana top fillin's...they so bootiful!!!! thumbs_up.gif

yeah...what he said! I dig those prana top fillin's...they so bootiful!!!! thumbs_up.gif

No wonder your wife doesn't let you climb much. wink.gifthe_finger.gif

man, she looks good in those tops...trick is gettin' her to go climbing...still workin' on that one...

I'm going to attempt to use the kids as leverage/extortion!! yellaf.gif

man, she looks good in those tops...trick is gettin' her to go climbing...still workin' on that one...

I'm going to attempt to use the kids as leverage/extortion!! yellaf.gif

If they're too small to do yard work or mow the lawn, you might as well get some use out of them. yellaf.gif

[quoteI'm going to attempt to use the kids as leverage/extortion!! yellaf.gif

I've tried that with skiing and it seems I just spend more time skiing with the kids wondering when my wife will join us. I ain't holding my breath. It does have that tit for tat, I've got the kids today so I'm outta here tomorrow thing going for it, though.