Thielsen...Bailey...Diamond Peak?

Eugenian

Just wondering if anyone has wandered up any of these recently. I know there is a report from a couple weeks agao for Diamond Peak...but any more recent info would be greatly appreciated, especially approach info for Theilsen.

Thanks! wave.gif

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can do thielsen (the climb and the approach) year round... blue diamonds mark the way, but if ample snow coverage exists (which might still be the case) you can cut some time off the approach by taking a more east heading out of the parking lot. Are you looking to ski or climb or both?

You can do thielsen (the climb and the approach) year round... blue diamonds mark the way, but if ample snow coverage exists (which might still be the case) you can cut some time off the approach by taking a more east heading out of the parking lot. Are you looking to ski or climb or both?

I wasn't planning to ski...just the climb. I finally got one of my Washington friends to submit to some Oregon climbs, and I'm trying to pack in as many one day ascents (that I haven't already done) as I can into a 3-4 day window. Thanks for the feedback, any more would be appreciated.

Go see your friends in WA; OR is nothing more than the world's largest collection of gravel piles. Thielsen is tolerable at best... when I lived in Eugene I would run it car to car (once the approach was snow free) for training. Bailey is shit (unless you enjoy climbing 3rd class scree) and diamond is worth it only if you ski (and even that is debatable). What are you in search of? Alpine rock? Post it and the board will gladly steer you towards some fine climbs in WA.

Go see your friends in WA; OR is nothing more than the world's largest collection of gravel piles. Thielsen is tolerable at best... when I lived in Eugene I would run it car to car (once the approach was snow free) for training. Bailey is shit (unless you enjoy climbing 3rd class scree) and diamond is worth it only if you ski (and even that is debatable). What are you in search of? Alpine rock? Post it and the board will gladly steer you towards some fine climbs in WA.

Such positivity... tongue.gif

Well, assuming that i do in fact enjoy the alpine experience of scaling large "gravel piles", if anyone has some recent beta on Diamond, Theilsen, or Bailey it would be much appreciated.

On your way down from Thielsen take some time to play around on the small funky shaped crags. Fun stuff. All that talk about volcanic rock being crap isn't always true. I found it to be solid w/ more nubbins than you can shake a stick at.

• 1 month later...