rain

carolyn

okay, this post is somewhat pointless...more or less a vent.

Why does it always decide to rain on the days I can get out to climb? (can you hear the whining tone? [Wink] ). And Im not talking just rain...downpours, thunder, lightening. [Mad]

Climbing wet rock was fun and challenging for a while. Now its getting OLD!

At least on ice, winter storms (out here anyway) dont affect your ability to get out and swing some tools.

I think I like ice better! [Razz]

Thanks for hearing me out...

now Im going to go watch yet another amazing light show in the sky (something positive HAS to come out of this summer's weather!)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bummer... You should just move to the northwest [Wink] It's been warm and clear here for days [big Grin] although I'm sure it will rain anytime... this can only go on so long. And the rain here is boring. no thunder and lightening

take it easy

sk

[ 07-06-2002, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: sk ]

Rain is Mother Nature's way of washing the chalk off slab climbs so you can go for the Onsight after the rain stops.

BUT... what about that weatherman that promised Sunday would be sunny with highs to 30 C? kill the mofo [Mad]

For what its worth we were able to escape the predicted quarter inch of rain today! [big Grin]

Managed to get a few climbs in....

however, this was after an evening of pessimism...and [big Drink] till sunrise! Next time I choose to be a bit more optimistic....climbing w/a hangover in 100 degree heat is much worse than wet rock. [Wink]

Question....Although I was witness to a thunderstorm while in Portland last month,I hear they are rare. Is that the same in the seattle area as well?

sprinkled yesterday am, and some thunder [Eek!] but then it stopped and we went on a major explore got in some DIFFICULT climbing and had a great time... I love living in the southern willamette valley [big Grin][big Grin][big Grin] by the way it is sunny and clear here should be in the 80's [Wink] today.

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

I think we just got a "quarter inch of rain" in 5 minutes this morning, flatlander.
[Razz]

[laf]

Better YOU than ME! [big Grin]

We've had numerous days in the past month where we have gotten nearly a foot of rain in less than 12 hrs....so a quarter inch on top of that is damn near close enough to make me have to swim to the crag.

look at this...Im starting to debate over who has received more rain...time for a [big Drink]

[Razz]