what's wrong w/my computer?

Double_E

so does anyone else perchance have any problems with the graemlins on CC.com right now?? I can't see the damn things, or use em!!! <<anger graemlin>> instead, got like these tiny recessed-boxes where they should be. and the two icons to the left of each thread, in the thread-list, have the same.

and the gif-graemlins (from posts where I remember them having been ) have the same, but with that notorious red-X-thingy.

and NO it's NOT just my current drunkin' state... was like that for the last two nites too. but at work today/yesterday (Thu/Fri) it was OK, working fine.

<<crying-graemlin>>

<<anger-graemlin>>

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too. I 've been having the same problem for about a week but I have been too busy to track it down...

Are you on dial-up at home but dsl or better at work Double E? I've noticed that this site has been slow in loading lately. I am on dail-up

I sent Jon an email last night.

Maybe it's time to stoke the fires with another donation...

Hmmm...

I'm not having the problem described above, so it can't be purely a server issue. I had this problem several months ago (several other people had the problem at the same time) and I believe it had something to do with the cookies?

To one of you people having the "no icons" problem: Try dumping all of your cookies and see if that fixes it.

To dump cookies: In MS Internet Explorer, click Tools, Internet Options, Delete Cookies.

Geek_em8.gif

thanks for the advice, all.

Billygoat: am on cable at home, T1 or somethin fast like that at work.

turning off the Norton firewall worked (????) ... but then promptly turned it back on of course.

actually, haven't tried the "zone alarm" shizzy yet.. need to read about it more in Windows Help... which by the way Ms. Icey, and all ye other smug Mac-devotees out there, is one of the FEW things that sucks about Windows!!

moon.gifthe_finger.gif