For the good of us all...

JoshK

Let's say for a minute that the republican party maintains control of both houses of congress this November. I think it will happen, personally.

If Bush loses the election that leaves a democratic president and a republican congress, which, as we all know, leads to fairly little in the ways of significant contrevertial bills being passed. It wont lead to stricter gun control, or major tax hikes, or any of that.

Given this, is it possible that any of you who are desperate enough to vote for Bush could simply say that you are willing to do what is best for the world and remove Bush from office?

If I was given the choice been sacrificing a few of my beliefs and getting McCain in office or leaving the elction of to chance, I would select the McCain (or another moderate, intelligence republican not intent on ruining our standing in the world) in a heartbeat.

Honestly, think about it. Most of my issues with domestic policy seem to pale in comparison to the harm another bush term could do to the planet and this country.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's say for a minute that the republican party maintains control of both houses of congress this November. I think it will happen, personally.

If Bush loses the election that leaves a democratic president and a republican congress, which, as we all know, leads to fairly little in the ways of significant contrevertial bills being passed. It wont lead to stricter gun control, or major tax hikes, or any of that.

Given this, is it possible that any of you who are desperate enough to vote for Bush could simply say that you are willing to do what is best for the world and remove Bush from office?

If I was given the choice been sacrificing a few of my beliefs and getting McCain in office or leaving the elction of to chance, I would select the McCain (or another moderate, intelligence republican not intent on ruining our standing in the world) in a heartbeat.

Honestly, think about it. Most of my issues with domestic policy seem to pale in comparison to the harm another bush term could do to the planet and this country.

SON, STEP AWAY FROM THE BONG....

I have no clue what Martlet said, but I'll assume it was idiotic and unconstructive.

Don't worry guys, I'll be heading to the hills tomorrow afternoon for a few days. smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

But I am curious to hear some people's opinions, particularly those you are republicans but can admit the fact that Bush is a danger to us all.

cry.gifcry.gif

Divided we stand. cry.gif

The current administration fucked up. It's pretty obvious.

But like Kenke says, what is Kerry about? Other than not being Bush, what does he having going for him? What does he believe? Hard to tell, since he's so good at saying nothing with many big words.

But ignoring who to vote for, the anger and hostility that accompanies politics is saddening. frown.gif

SON, STEP AWAY FROM THE BONG....
rotfl.gif

Since you're obviously ignoring this user, Josh, here's what he had to say. I thought it was an excellent jocular jab.

rofl.gif

Josh, you're spending far too much time and energy obsessing on politics lately. Git yer ass to dem hillz! rockband.gif

I think Josh is doing the right thing here. The world is changing, seeking out other opinions, and trying to make sense of everything is important. Josh seems to get out as much as anyone I know and I'm sure he enjoys the time away from the world as much as anyone possibly could hope to. bigdrink.gif

But like Kenke says, what is Kerry about? Other than not being Bush, what does he having going for him? What does he believe? Hard to tell, since he's so good at saying nothing with many big words.

To turn the card - what does Bush stand for? We have a set of ideals the continually espouse (free markets, freedom, yada, yada) - but policy doesn't fit these often (pork farm bills, perscription drug cards, etc). When they change course they refuse to admit that. The President gives policy speaches so infrequently who knows what he actually believes (and when he does the language is so basic as to be absurd). And compared to Kerry Bush has less than half the time in public office to amass a record (Bush was elected governor in 1994 - Kerry was elected L Governor in 1982, Senator in 1984) Think of the changes in 20 years - do you really want someone who hasn't changed their opinions?

To turn the card - what does Bush stand for? We have a set of ideals the continually espouse (free markets, freedom, yada, yada) - but policy doesn't fit these often (pork farm bills, perscription drug cards, etc). When they change course they refuse to admit that. The President gives policy speaches so infrequently who knows what he actually believes (and when he does the language is so basic as to be absurd). And compared to Kerry Bush has less than half the time in public office to amass a record (Bush was elected governor in 1994 - Kerry was elected L Governor in 1982, Senator in 1984) Think of the changes in 20 years - do you really want someone who hasn't changed their opinions?

It does look like Kerry changed his opinion numerous times. Most often it didn't take 20 years, though. Generally it changed to the polar opposite within a few weeks or months. Lately, it seems that it's just changed to I don't give a shit.

If you still can't tell What Bush is "for" look here, but you'd better hurry, Kerry's is changed daily.