Climbing at Spring Ski-In

EWolfe

Who's gonna be climbing that weekend?

I am going solo and looking for a partner for Friday-Sunday.

I "Figger" confused.gif I could find one easily enough there, but am curious who's doin' what?

Skiing?

Alpine?

Cragging at Mazama?

Due to gobies from Royal Flush, I am limited to face climbing this round hahaha.gif, so if anyone needs a ropegun to .11+, let me know.

You have to be able to follow! wink.gifyellaf.gif

So, wazzup.gif

bigdrink.gifE

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanna ski up to the base of something. Climb it. Then ski back down.

That's what I wanna do. wave.gif

I am new to BC skiing. Is this feasible, or is the window of good-skiing snow too small to accomplish a climb too?

Edited by chucK

Yes, its feasible. If you want to hit the corn snow just right, this priority may conflict with taking the time to do your climb. But you can ski up and down in any snow conditions, it's just a matter of how much time you'll spend upright as opposed to prone, in the middle of a yardsale or maybe rocketting down the slope out of control.

Minx, you just don't know how to have fun. I bet your son would think the yard sale was pretty funny and the rocketing downslope part was cool! Bring him to the Ski-In and we'll probably be abel to show him a good time .... though you may have to do some explaining about how there are certain things that are a good idea for the big kids but not the little ones.

Edited by mattp

Minx, you just don't know how to have fun. I bet your son would think the yard sale was pretty funny and the rocketing downslope part was cool! Bring him to the Ski-In and we'll probably be abel to show him a good time .... though you may have to do some explaining about how there are certain things that are a good idea for the big kids but not the little ones.

if he were a little better skier i'd bring him. i think he might get a little frustrated and bored. right now, i'm just waiting on word about a sitter for the w/e. he knows about things that are OK for grown ups and not for kid. poor kid has survived 9 yrs w/me after all wave.gif

I haven't seen very many small children who like back country skiing, but take him to just about any parking spot on the pass and you can find a snowbank he could slide down, there's some easy top-rope climbing right next to the road at Fun Rock, and right out behind the cabin where we'll be staying are a lot of cool poonds and streams to play in.

I haven't seen very many small children who like back country skiing, but take him to just about any parking spot on the pass and you can find a snowbank he could slide down, there's some easy top-rope climbing right next to the road at Fun Rock, and right out behind the cabin where we'll be staying are a lot of cool poonds and streams to play in.

one of the great things about my house is that he's so used to snow banks that they're not longer unique, nor ponds and streams. it's great but it doesn't make this outing enticing for him. he's also taken to being rebellous(hard to imagine my child doing that) and doesn't want to climb these days. i don't want to force the issue so that won't lure him into hanging out w/a bunch of grown ups w/ropes and AT skis. it sounds like a fun w/e though.

Well in that case, Minx, I bet he'd enjoy playing in the highway, or maybe throwing rocks at cars. Bring a can of spray paint and let him have at all the cc.com 4x4 pickups with canopies. This could be better than the Mike's Van thread!

(Or maybe just find that babysitter.)

Well in that case, Minx, I bet he'd enjoy playing in the highway, or maybe throwing rocks at cars. Bring a can of spray paint and let him have at all the cc.com 4x4 pickups with canopies. This could be better than the Mike's Van thread!

(Or maybe just find that babysitter.)

fruit.giffruit.gifyellaf.gif

perfect. i'm going to turn him loose to harass, abuse, torture and annoy the collective of cc.com evils3d.gif