finger pain refusing to go away

Dima

I must have overtrained my fingers one week.

My fingers hurt quite a bit then and I could not climb well.

So, I started weight training, taping fingers together, limiting load on them. I have done it for about 5-6 weeks slowly introducing easy climbing towards the end.

My fingers feel ok now, but there is some residual pain in the joints of some fingers which refuses to go away. Once I start climbing back it becomes a little worth every time.

On the left hand, the bad-language smile.gif finger audibly cracks when I bend it towards my palm.

Any ideas?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quess but you may have popped a tendon off it's track internally. Finger will get sore and inflamed at the join with any use? No use it seems fine? I knew I tweaked my ring finger pulling on a nub when I did it. It hurt... a lot...which is an obvious sign. But I could still climb. Figured taping it to my middle finger would help and it did...just not enough.

With no treatment it took me 6 months and a freak twist of my finger to get it back working right. (driving a car of all things) But I knew things were right the minute it popped back in. Finger was never perfect afterwards but a whole lot better than the other way and I could climb again with no pain to speak of.

My suggestion is visit a good orthopod if you want to keep climbing into old age smile.gif The sooner the better.

This from a guy who will seldom go to the Doc.

Edited by Dane

It hurt... a lot...which is an obvious sign. But I could still climb.

With no treatment it took me 6 months and a freak twist of my finger to get it back working right.

There was no sudden pain. It just felt over-fatigued.

6 months sounds right, but then I would develop a mental trauma cantfocus.gif