John Long at VW

ken4ord

John Long Book Signing

Join us for an evening of book signing, tale-telling, and climbing tips from Largo himself. Saturday, March 27th from 5:00pm - 7:00pm. Free admission for members and $5 for non-members. (from Vertical World website)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Long Book Signing

Join us for an evening of book signing, tale-telling, and climbing tips from Largo himself. Saturday, March 27th from 5:00pm - 7:00pm. Free admission for members and $5 for non-members. (from Vertical World website)

OMG I WANT TO BE THERE SO BAD

do you think he will sign my belly????? wink.gif

Make your jokes and have fun kidding, but tell who has had as much of an influence on modern rock climbing, and where the sport is today?

I wish I could be there.

Lots of people. Please. Don't make me start a list. Ever hear of Charlie Porter, Jim Bridwell, Royal Robbins, John Salethe, John Leonard, Bestor Robingson, Yvon Chouinard, Steve Roper just a start all had "more influance" IMO than John. Those are folks just for the Yosemite area alone. Don't start on the rest of the country and guys like Art Gran, Henry Barber etc etc etc.

That is not to denigrate JL, he may be one of the best writers of the genre IMO. I absolutley love his stuff.

Better bring a new sharpie Muff!!

Regards:

Bill

Make your jokes and have fun kidding, but tell who has had as much of an influence on modern rock climbing, and where the sport is today?

I wish I could be there.

I am not in any way joking at all. If there is a climber that I IDOLIZE ADMIRE WOULD BE A GROUPY FOR it would and is hands DOWN JOHN LONG. he is atracktive intelligent, humerus, and he has climbed and done everything. I would truely be hounerd if he would sign my belly although I would probably not be able to get the request out of my mouth standing in front of him. I am trying to work out a plan to be there and if I can I will be.

I wish I could be there.

I am not in any way joking at all. If there is a climber that I IDOLIZE ADMIRE WOULD BE A GROUPY FOR it would and is hands DOWN JOHN LONG. he is atracktive intelligent, humerus, and he has climbed and done everything. I would truely be hounerd if he would sign my belly although I would probably not be able to get the request out of my mouth standing in front of him. I am trying to work out a plan to be there and if I can I will be.

groupies are cool. thumbs_up.gif

Sorry Muffy, but climbing groupies are pitiful. I enjoy hearing some tall tales but i am sure you would be selling yourself short trying to emulate Largo.
I actualy decided to go climbing instead, the weather at smith is too sweet on sunday to pass up cool.gif