Three Rope System Video

Dru

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7b means hard v12 or harder move crux

HXS is equivalent to "E7 or harder".

I think you mean 7b means 5.12. Font 7B is only V-7.

7b=5.12b

UK technical 7b means - single hardest move equal to roughly V12 or harder if it was a single move boulder problem wave.gif

but: the Yosemite and French grading systems rate "overall difficulty" of a route, whereas the UK technical grade rates ONLY the "hardest single move" of the route. routes that are sustained at the technical grade get a higher E grade. for instance there are many 5.13+ to 5.14- routes that would only have a UK tech grade of 6c. Geek_em8.gif

7b means hard v12 or harder move crux

HXS is equivalent to "E7 or harder".

I think you mean 7b means 5.12. Font 7B is only V-7.

7b=5.12b

UK technical 7b means - single hardest move equal to roughly V12 or harder if it was a single move boulder problem wave.gif

ah hah! you failed to say UK Technical in front of 7b! yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif

good call. thumbs_up.gif

I always enjoy watch good climbers climb. They make the cimbs look so easy. You think "damn, I could do that" knowing in the back of my head there is no way.

I wish they had footage of the other good climbers just trying it on top rope, floudering on the route.

ah hah! you failed to say UK Technical in front of 7b!
we're talking about a UK gritstone climb, everyone but you already knew I was referring to a UK tech grade because the other part of the question contains a UK adjectival grade. the_finger.gif

So dare I ask. why three ropes?

he's worried about the rope cutting on the arete if he falls off, so its triple redundancy instead of using 2.

note he unties from 2 on the first ledge and drops them so when he gets to the top he only has one left hahaha.gif