AT boots

vtgirl

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I recommend the ones that fit your feet. There are various brands/models marketed to women, but those models may not end up being the ones that fit you best. You have to go to the shops and try stuff on. Several makers now include thermal custom fit liners, which is a nice feature.

Think about what you want.

If you're looking for a boot to ski and climb lighter and a less stiff boot ay be the consideration. If you are just going to be yo-yo skiing then you might go for a heavier stiffer boot.

Go to a good store with a broad selection. Ask a qualified sales person for their advice given your planed useage. I got a boot at REI but hated it so I was able to return it. I ended up getting a great boot off some web site. I ski and climb in Denali's. A little heavy and stiff but worth the support when skiing.

There are only 2 questions you need to know the answer to:

1) Do I ever want to use Dyanfit bindings? (if you don't know what they are, probably not yet)

2a)If you do, find the best fitting boots from Scarpa/Garmont/Dynafit

2b)If you don't, find the best fitting boots from Scarpa/Garmont/Dynafit/Lowa

With the exception of the Dyanfit MLT all of the boots out there are burly enough for skiing anything on rando sticks, or most alpine gear. If your interested in skiing at high speeds, with big skis - you'll know which boots you want.

Are there any especially for women?

Chick Boot

Good boot for all around, stiff enough to ski most anything yet still soft enough to tour without tearing up your feet. Fairly light, combined with the Dynafit bindings on light skis, about as light as you'll get while still maintaining ski-ability of the boot.

2 cents...don't trust me though, I'm not a chick.

wave.gif