Life insurance for climbers?

Terminal_Gravity

Does anybody have any sage advice on filling out the extra risk form for avid climbers. Some of the questions are super gray. They want to know what I've climbed in the last 5 years...Yeah right, like I remember (and they only give 7 lines to fill in yelrotflmao.gif). What should I expect to pay extra, 10%, double, 10 times that of a cheeto eatin model railroad buff that has to rest going up from his basement.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a policy through NW Mutual Life. The climbing questions were pretty dumb, but basically they just want to determine that you're not climbing high altitude stuff or professionally. I ended up paying 20% extra b/c of another hobby, but they didn't care at all about my climbing. They care the most about your age and your health and what recreational chemicals you've got in your blood.

Rob,

Is that generic nationwide, or OR law? i.e., would that 2-year period apply in WA as well? I'm in the market for a new policy now, what with the young'n and all, but don't wanna get taken to the cleaners over it, for as little as I get to climb now. What's your source?