What is Climbing coming to?

robertm

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say if some dood has found a way to get yuppies to pay him thousands and thousands of dollars to babysit them in the beautiful mountain environment while they all drink [big Drink] and eat yummy food [chubit] and then go and do a fun climb together, well Right On Buddy!! Score!!

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

I have to say that what Dru states is not always correct. Bushwhack for hours in a creek drainage or thick woods and a map is great. It's hard to see sometimes and ridges and spurs look the same or are hard to decipher between sometimes.
[big Drink]

"uhhh...yeah....I think we are here.... I cant really see any landmarks thru this thick fucking slide alder but somewhere up there there should

be a mountain..."

2 hrs later... "Oh, we are here not over here..."

5 hrs later... "Oh we were in this valley not that one..."

7 hrs later... "where the fuck are we anyways???"

quote:

Originally posted by robertm:

rope and rack waiting at the bottom of the climb, camp kitchen and hot meals poised nearby, and a leader for your rope with the route freshly in mind. You still have to hike every step of the approach, but with half the load and without getting lost in the manzanita along Charlotte Creek.

All yours will be discovering every stem and mantle of this long route, enjoying the textured orange granite and rock just doesn't get any better and the views of the high country from the belays.

We'll take care of the descent, and a glass of wine to celebrate will be waiting back in camp.

This is EXACTLY what I have been looking for! Does anybody do this sort of thing in Boston Basin or the Enchantments?

[ 05-08-2002, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: DLunkman ]