Eric Horst HIT workout?

Farrgo

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I purchased some used strips for a very low price. Used them a bit last year and am starting again Sunday. You could easily buy/make your own holds and lay them out in an appropriate pattern. Knowing what I know now, if I couldn't buy the strips cheaply, I would make my own. All you really need are a good edge, a two finger pocket and a pinch. The pinch would be the hardest to get.

Last year I noticed some improvement in strength but honestly since I climb so infrequently it is really hard to evaluate the program's real impact.

i galnced over this and other publications. still on the top of my list is a book written by Gullich.

besides the title itself- how to climb 5.12 is stupid. 5.12 is not hard by modern standards. so wtf would you spend money on something, that will not teach you how to climb hard? i can't stand when people say he/she is a good climber- they climb 11's. anyway enough ranting.

Books and Horst aside wasn't the question about the HIT program? HIT strips are basically mediocre system holds. System training does work. Earlier in the year Rumr and I were discussing climbing with weights on, this is in essence what HIT strips are except the moves are repetitive. I haven't read his books but did print out the HIT routine when it was on the web.

i galnced over this and other publications. still on the top of my list is a book written by Gullich.

besides the title itself- how to climb 5.12 is stupid. 5.12 is not hard by modern standards. so wtf would you spend money on something, that will not teach you how to climb hard? i can't stand when people say he/she is a good climber- they climb 11's. anyway enough ranting.

Bob...if you are in a 5.9/5.10 rut, the next level is hard...its like bench pressing...your max is 220, then 220.5 is gonna be fuck-hard!

How long have you been climbing??????????? Well, if you've been climbing for 4 months, a book like Horst's isn't such a bad way to improve...its got a system approach, and breaks down a lot of different areas...again, remember, its targeted to total rank beginners...

(i know the guy...he's a dork in real life, we climbed in the same areas in the late 80's/early 90's and he's a shameless self promoter)