Who wants to climb Rainier with me

Tyler151

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only HOPE that some day, after lots of hard work, I'll be as good as a mountie, and maybe even be lucky enough to be mistaken for one...*cough*bulshit*cough*

If the date works out, I'd be in for a spring rainier ascent. What route did you all have in mind?

Hey Tyler,

I would be interested in joining up with your party this summer. I'm planning on taking an alpine mountaineering course in B.C. in mid June, and then I plan on climbing Baker, Rainier, and Olympus. I could probably join up with ya'll the last week of June or there after.

The weekends I could do this are May 28-30, June 11-13, and June 25-27.

If there are too many people, we just split into two or three of four groups and do separate routes and meet at the summit. Realistically, only 4 or 5 will show up at the trailhead.

Bug, your right about the realistic number. It would be cool to see a few more though, the differant routes meet at the top would be sweet hard to coordinate the arrivals though.

I am also available on the May 28-30 weekend and the June 11-13. If things start to get more serious I can probably make the last one too.

Yes. But you can't bring your 44 or your AK-47.

No way, too much weight. If I have to take out a killer snaffle it'll be hand to hand combat with an ice axe. I'd be interested in something other than the Emmons; I'll take a look at this S. Tahoma Gl. route. I'm free any weekend except the ones I'm busy.

Hmmm. I proposed to my first wife on that summit. That was enough warmin up for me.

But as long you don't have any intentions of proposing, I'll go up there again. The N and W sides looked interesting.

yellaf.gif I proposed to my first wife in Texas and I haven't been back. hellno3d.gif Besides, I like a little less back hair on my women, so I'd guess you're out of the running. the_finger.gif

Cool, I'll check it out and we can talk in the future.

Minx, we're talking earlier in June; keep up.

Pub Club at the summit. I'm still pushing for the South Tahoma Glacier Route. We are climbers aren't we? It is just as easy as the DC or Emmons route but is 12 miles in and so makes a carry-over seem like a good idea. If we get too many people, we will want to split up into smaller groups and do different routes trying to time our arrival at the summit for a CC.COM pub club. We could even log in and spray.

But I am flexible.

Pub Club at the summit. I'm still pushing for the South Tahoma Glacier Route. We are climbers aren't we? It is just as easy as the DC or Emmons route but is 12 miles in and so makes a carry-over seem like a good idea. If we get too many people, we will want to split up into smaller groups and do different routes trying to time our arrival at the summit for a CC.COM pub club. We could even log in and spray.

But I am flexible.

I'm bringing bourbon; it's BYOB, so don't try and kipe off of me.

OK let's settle on a date and route difficulty level.

Dates I like are the May 28-30 or June 11-13.

With realative newbies on board, an easier route seems best. I like the S.Tahoma rt. But it does require that we are in a bit better shape. Other routes are open to consideration but I would prefer to stay off the really heavily traveled ones. Suggestions?

Anyone can throw in a hat. Just be in good shape please.