• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Come and listen to a story about a man named Jed

A poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed,

Then one day he was shootin at some food,

And up through the ground came a bubblin' crude.

Oil that is, black gold, Texas tea.

Well the first thing you know ol' Jed's a millionaire,

Kinfolk said Jed move away from there

Said Californy is the place you ought to be

So they loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly.

Hills, that is.

Swimmin' pools, movie stars.

so, do you cash in when that happens or what
That was my thought.. I hope she owns the property so she can get some thing out of the mess.

There aren't as many wells in town as there once was. In the boom they were everywhere (I saw pictures). When I was there, 12-15 years ago, the downtown was a post-boom ghosttown and all the development had moved North of town. All the once nice neighborhoods had been abandoned to lower income people and a rampant drug trade was in full swing. Sad, really. But, I hold the place close to my heart as my life was threatened for the first time there...ah, memories.

As for the rights to the oil, I doubt it. Here in Canada, a couple here is getting their land excavated for... get this... kitty litter... their entire property will be ripped up to make kitty litter. A mining company bought the mining rights and they are going to mine the hell out of their property. madgo_ron.gifhellno3d.gif what the hell? thumbs_down.gif

As for the rights to the oil, I doubt it. Here in Canada, a couple here is getting their land excavated for... get this... kitty litter... their entire property will be ripped up to make kitty litter. A mining company bought the mining rights and they are going to mine the hell out of their property. madgo_ron.gifhellno3d.gif what the hell? thumbs_down.gif

goldrush mentality and mining laws dating to the 1800's which have never been updated.

But, I hold the place close to my heart as my life was threatened for the first time there...ah, memories.

So how many times has your life been threatened since? yelrotflmao.gif

It should be in the double digits by now...? the_finger.gif

Well, truth be told, the count did go up soon after I started posting on this board. But, in actuality, I'm at three (I think) that I considered serious. That chuck and crackbolter are just bitch wannabes. the_finger.gif