Lillooet Ice "Gathering" is a GO Feb 7th

Don_Serl

So, no official "Festival", but a "Gathering of the Tribes", Saturday nite, Feb 7th, at the Legion on Main Street in Lillooet, starting 7:30 to 8 p.m.

There is an Interior darts competition at the Hall earlier on Saturday, so there still may some of those folks around as we get started - more's the merrier, I guess. They play with sharp things too...

Please drop a buck or two in the pot on the way in to pay for the hall rental. Beer's available from the bar. It's a "private function", so if some people could bring chips n salsa, nuts, H/C, whatever, we can have snacks - stuff is available from the bar too.

We have a slide projector coming with a couple empty carousels, plus a screen, so we can have an "open screen" session once things get rolling. Please keep it down to a dozen or so slides each so nobody gets bored.

There'll be about 90 darts competitors in town, so you'd be advised to book a room soon:

Mile 0: 1-888-766-4530

4 Pines: 1-800-753-2576

Reynolds Hotel: 1-877-655-5506

Hotel Victoria: 250-256-4112

Jay-Gee: 250-256-7525

All except the latter are conveniently located to eliminate any need for drinkin' 'n drivin' from the Legion.

Come equipped with your biggest lies! See you all there!

Please pass this info along to anyone who might be likely to come. Cheers,

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I will bring some tools for people to demo. This year's hot new tool is the Charlet Moser Pulsar. It features a radical reverse-curve pick, a bent shaft at the grip, and removable headweights. This is the tool that will usher in a new generation of WI 3 routes. Take a number and get in line to swing these babies.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hey, cool.

btw, nice photo of brian gourley at M/C - but too distant to show off the fact that he MADE HIS OWN TOOLS! yup, young, poor, metalworker... this is easy! he snagged a cpl quark picks, and built the rest! i climbed with brian this winter, and i've led with his tools, and they're not bad, actually. a touch too long, but he knows that and will build a 2nd, shorter version. also a bit "metallic" or "harsh" feeling upon impact, but they punch and hook and hold like mad, and he did save $600 or whatever...

so, if u think we as a tribe get points for "doin' stuff", no matter WHAT gets in our way, brian tops my list for this season, for sure.

cheers,