Bouldering in North Bend

fenderfour

I went on a little hike a few weeks ago to the Rattlesnake Ledges in North Bend. I couldn't help but notice the boulders along the trail leading up to the ledges. They were only a few hundred yards away from the parking lot. Has anyone gone bouldering there?

They were looking pretty mossy to me, but I bet you could find some new problems under the crud.

What is the ettiquette for such things? Would it be wrong of me to clean off parts of the boulder to give it a shot?

-Thanks y'all

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fenderfour, I am not sure but I believe those are public or state lands. There is alot of established boulering around Washington, but if you need to establish your own probs, I think the ettiquette is as long as it doesnt impact other users (like, the boulder is right next to a trial or something) you can clean and send. It is Washington, after all, which means all traces of your cleaning and passing will be washed away and overgrown in a matter of months. Go easy on the chalk, though.

Alex

Dont know the road systems and names. Just the look of the boulders next to the road and in the vicinity I was at. Could be you are right or wrong.

FA on a boulder- Not looking for that myself although others might. I am just looking for entertainment not a grade,name, fa or "new boulder". Not flaming ya Distel32.