• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Try this little gem...

0898869463.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Umptanum Falls (b/w E-burg and the Wenas near Naches) comes immediately to mind, but it's very limiting. Go with a partner and set up TRs on WI3 stuff. You'll have way more fun.

See Horsetail Falls outside of Cliffdell off of SR 410 (but it's more like 3 hours from Seattle).

Thanks sobo, I've ordered some books

The question is more about which routes are (or could be) in shape from the list of the known easy ones? If possible I want to avoid driving there to figure there is only water and no ice. cantfocus.gif

If you leave tomorrow morning, you could probably get on Horsetail Falls (faces south, but shaded), Union Creek Falls, (faces south, but sits in a deep canyon), or Umptanum Falls (faces north, in a small canyon, and is shaded), but you're gonna get wet fer sure. Still, I wouldn't wait for the weekend if I were you. Go now!

I dont think Umptanum is in with the temps right now (it was in the 40s on the East side Sunday), but I have not actually been there to confirm my suspicions.

With the current temperatures, finding a TR for a beginner within 2 hours of Seattle would be pretty tough.

PS: Jason and I are compiling a list of good beginner climbs and planned to put it in the guide, but ran out of time in the end. We will publish it online at http://wwww.wastateice.net some time this year.

Edited by Alex