Most top 100s in a day

Blake

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am definitely torn between wanting to try that traverse in a day or take time and do some good adventure climbing. The first person I hooked up with on this site was Mr. Peru-East Butt Slut himself and our objective was to do the traverse in a day. We rolled into the parking lot around 11 downed a beer and up at 3am. At the time I had no clue as to what I was getting myself into other than we were going to do some peak bagging with techincal rock. Lucky for me we went up the wrong drainage and missed Stuart and Sherpa and end up in the Argonaut/Sherpa col still managed to some great climbing in on Argonaut, and some good scramblimg on Colchuck and Dragontail. There is some great alpine cragging pontential up there is you take your time. I think it was on Colchuck there was a beautiful white wall with a ton of steep crack climbing on it. Argonaut had some real nice 5.9 climbing on the West Ridge. Check out these Argonaut photos from that trip.

20504-med.jpg

20503-med.jpg

20501-med.jpg

Mr. Peru-East Butt Slut himself and our objective was to do the traverse in a day.... we went up the wrong drainage

why doesn't that surprise me...i bet it was one of his shortcuts.

Nope, no shortcut, it was both of our first time up in that area and in the dark without headlamps. It was a matter of not seeing the turn up to Ice Cliff Glacier on the bush-whack trail.

• 1 year later...
Anyone on here done any two of: St. Helens, Hood, Adams in a day?

Yes. Hood, then Adams. I was out here for a break from college just after those church kids got killed on Hood back in '86. Looked over to the north from the top of Hood and asked myself, "Self, what's that peak over there?" Found out, went to Timberline and grabbed a beer and a sandwich, then drove over to Cold Springs and "ran" up Adams that afternoon/evening. I think it was 21 hours car-to-summit-to-car-to-summit-to-car, but I wasn't keeping track of those things back then...

EDIT: just realized how old this thread was. rolleyes.gif

Edited by sobo