Washington Ice Book

pu

Y'know, it's a nice looking book and it sure is nice to see a guide to washington area ice. However, it is very thick. I can't imagine that there are more climbs in it than in Waterfall Ice Ed 3. There are lots of pages. A suggestion to those who may consider books in the future. If you have ever seen many of the Euro alpine guidebooks they are very small, have lots of info, and have a durable cover and binding. Why are guidebooks in this area so cumbersome? Does anyone have any ideas?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see the next edition have black and white outlines of the climbs and climbing photos so I can color in them when I'm bored. Also, heavy stock cardboard pages so they don't get ruined when I chew on them during the fall when I'm jonesing for ice.

One other thing to consider is the publisher's strategy. If you look at the design and layout of the book, you'll see that it matches a number of other guidebooks that they -- the mountaineers -- have put out. Both the cover design and the internal setup match. This is some kind of marketing strategy. However, I don't really know how this will sell more books... It just seems to distinguish the line of books.

You'll see the same setup with the new how to books being put together by the mounties. Will Gadd's book and the Clyde Soles books both match one another... Same idea.

Personally I'm pleased with the way our design turned out.

Jason