Non Rock Gym in PDX

layton

I need more than a rock gym to keep the training up during these beautiful winter months. Any good suggestions?

All I require are:

1.Free Weights w/lots of benches

2.Weight stations w/pulleys for int/ext rot, ab/adduction, military press, leg curl/ext, etc...

3.ample room for stretching

4.Hot girls with spandex

4.stairmaster and treadmill

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 Hour at either Sandy across from the Hollywood Max Station, or the one downtown. The Bally's downtown near the Rock Bottom brewpub is a good choice too.

If you can do without the chicks, there's a grungy pit of a gym in SE close to 39th and south of Hawthorne, closer to Division...I forget the name, it's someone's last name though like "Dugan's" or something. It's a no B.S. kinda place with pretty decent rates.

Or you could just do the ClubSport, suburban hell, $1000 membership thingy and have good climbing facilitiy, extensive high-end regular gym, cafe', and hottie latte' sippin, SUV driving, makeup in the gym wearin', soccer MILFs everywhere.

Or you could just do the ClubSport, suburban hell, $1000 membership thingy and have good climbing facilitiy, extensive high-end regular gym, cafe', and hottie latte' sippin, SUV driving, makeup in the gym wearin', soccer MILFs everywhere.

Will: I think that is as succintly accurate of a description as I have ever heard. Very impressive. Very.

• 1 month later...

Will: I think that is as succintly accurate of a description as I have ever heard. Very impressive. Very.

I have never been to that gym, but know exactly the type of people you mean. I have an inherent distaste for them and their lifestyles. madgo_ron.gif

I need more than a rock gym to keep the training up during these beautiful winter months. Any good suggestions?

All I require are:

1.Free Weights w/lots of benches

2.Weight stations w/pulleys for int/ext rot, ab/adduction, military press, leg curl/ext, etc...

3.ample room for stretching

4.Hot girls with spandex

4.stairmaster and treadmill

Giant's Gym at 52nd/Sandy is cheap, open 24 hours, uncrowded, and has everything you need, except for the ever-elusive hot girls with spandex. OK, there's an occasional hottie, but not often.

It's quite different from the "24 Hour" Fitness down the road a ways. Absolutely no glitz; in fact, it's kind of grungy, in an "I came here to get a workout, not to see and be seen" way. I once read something that said that if Rocky were training for his big fight in Portland, Giant's is the gym where he'd do it. WAY more than enough weight equipment, with some aerobic stuff. But the emphasis is definitely not on spandex-clad aerobicizers.

And it's almost always uncrowded, which is nice.

Just switched from ClubSports to 24 Hour. Paid the extra bucks for the initiation fee and now have $4.99/month plan. Beats the $80+ monthly fee even losing the rock gym.

There are a bunch of hotties at both. ClubSports does have that extra snob factor. For an extra charge you can use the executive locker room.