leaven-worth-it-yet?

susan

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"ICY ENOUGH"-

Not sure what that means, but I think you could probably get the answer you need from the L-worth discussion from a few days ago. Hubba Hubba sounds marginally in, but we've betting getting new snow. Snow creek area had some stuff that was climbable.

Yes it's been cold - warmer and snowier the last two days (20 degrees?). Has it magically turned into Canmore - not likely.

Recovering from a minor injury otherwise I'd be out looking.

Does that mean Drury falls is in (and don't give me that it doesn't need to be in to be in shit)?

Me and Greg_W drove route 2 last Sunday, it looked in then .. get a boat and go for it thumbs_up.gif shit with all this cold the river's prolly frozen, fuck the boat thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Does that mean Drury falls is in (and don't give me that it doesn't need to be in to be in shit)?

the local gear shop owner and a friend tried it on saturday. second-hand info: 4 hours of wallowing and "poor" ice on the initial pitches. they bailed. the upper pillar looks good. you still need a boat or need to ford the river upstream at swiftwater picnic area. the tyrolean someone set up over the summer is too low. on saturday, i raised the anchor on the highway side as much possible without spurs but still only made it 1/3 of the way across the river before a dunking seemed inevitable--the anchor on the opposite side needs to be raised about 10'. avy danger will go up with the new, heavier snow that's forecasted but unless it gets real warm for an extended period, the falls should stay in shape for a while.

avalanche danger is extreme over here right now...the snow has been relentless...be aware that hubba hubba is an avalanche trough...not recomended until it has scoured...and so is the approach to drury...otherwise cold temps prevail and should continue for some time...patience young jedi....