LOTR return of the king

Dru

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dru said:

No Saruman! No "Scouring of the Shire" mad.gifthumbs_down.gifthumbs_down.gifGeek_em8.gif

This has been known for quite some time, since Sam didn't get the box of seed and soil from Galadriel in the Gifting scene in the extended first DVD. I'm disappointed, but I'm curious how they're going to resolve it.

Prepare to be pissed: in the half second I saw of her in a preview she looked...wait for it...like a giant tarantula.

Fuck, I thought they'd have the scouring of the Shire for sure since it was in a dream sequence in the first or second movie. Fuckers.

Oh well. I am just happy for now because the BC Ferry strike is finally over so I can catch some turns this weekend.

Seems like they started off strong enough with the first movie sticking to the book as close as need be (minus the Barrows, but that was pretty disposable), and they've just been pitching stuff out more and more. It would be nice if they actually filmed the scouring of the shire and included it in the extended edition release like some of the missing parts in Two Towers....

Actually, the extended edition of the Two Towers DOES include the trees in the final battle, which I thought should have been left in too. But Tom Bombadil really wasn't critical to the storyline, and unfortunately, no matter how much a filmmaker wants to stick to a book, things must be sacrificed to keep a film moving and to keep the audience engaged.

The Ents taking down Isengard wasn't just in the extended DVD of Two Towers, it was a critical part of the end of the theatrical release. They added several more scenes for the DVD, but they were always there in the theatrical version. I could not have been hapier with Bombadil being left out. That's the only part of the book I dislike. Although it also meant leaving out the Barrow-downs, which I do like.

Ratboy said:

The Ents taking down Isengard wasn't just in the extended DVD of Two Towers, it was a critical part of the end of the theatrical release. They added several more scenes for the DVD, but they were always there in the theatrical version. I could not have been hapier with Bombadil being left out. That's the only part of the book I dislike. Although it also meant leaving out the Barrow-downs, which I do like.

I wasn't referring to the Ents taking down Isengard, I was referring to the trees destroying the fleeing orc/uruk hai army at Helm's Deep. That was the part that wasn't in the theatrical release.

badvoodoo said:

Ratboy said:

I wasn't referring to the Ents taking down Isengard, I was referring to the trees destroying the fleeing orc/uruk hai army at Helm's Deep. That was the part that wasn't in the theatrical release.

Geeks.

badvoodoo said:

Ratboy said:

Ah, gotcha. That was sweet. grin.gif

cracked said:

badvoodoo said:

Ratboy said:

Geeks.

Don't make me bust out my +5 gauntlet of STFU. smirk.gif