Anyone have a Moonstone 800 Lucid

Rodchester

I am looking for opinions on the Moonstone 800 Lucid 20 degree sleeping bag.

Moonstaone Lucid 800

I am looking for a lightweight sleeping bag that has a little more warmth than my Marmot Arroyo 30 degree bag.

Has anyone actually used this lightweight bag? Opinions?

Does anyone know of any stores that carry it, and have it in stock in the Seattle area?

Thanks in advance. wave.gif

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IceIceBaby said:

Look at Western Mountaineering Apache 2lb 20F $285 if u already paying $260 the WM is better bag I have it and it is the bomb

WM isn't nescessarily better simply by the virtue of it being WM. I have a WM bag and love it, but moonstone makes pretty kickass sleeping bags. I've used one extensively and loved it.

One thing to note, however. Unless they have changed, moonstone cuts their regular bags for 5' 10" and below instead of 6' like most bag companies. I was a tad tight in their regular bag but it wasn't a problem. If you are near that 5' 10" threshold you may want a slightly longer bag.

JoshK and Ice:

I agree with Josh that the Moonstone bags rock. My wife has one that lofts beyond any other bag I've seen. It is an older 800 fill -5 degree dryloft. That bag really impresses me. A buddy has the same bag.

Anyway...I was wondering about the length issue. The one my wife has came in 5 ft. 6 in - 6 ft. and 6 ft. 6 in. versions. The Moonstone page doesn't say the lengths. wazzup.gif At least I couldn't find the lengths, just regular and long. confused.gif

Does anyone know of a store that actually stocks these things?

JoshK said:

WM isn't nescessarily better simply by the virtue of it being WM. I have a WM bag and love it, but moonstone makes pretty kickass sleeping bags. I've used one extensively and loved it.

Not by virtue but by experience I found the WM to be more comfortable and well made with meticulous attention to details

I would expect from a company that dose only sleeping bags for the last 30 years to know their craft and to have THE perfect sleeping bag dialed just right

And again I only judge by what I experienced for instance I don’t have a problem with the length of the bag… wink.gif

I have a Marmot Arroyo (1lb, 10 oz). It's nice and light, but not very warm. Marmots reg is 6'-0" and I fit in it even though I am 6'-1". I too would like another bag for below freezing conditions. The Moonstone sounds like it is warmer and only a little heavier, but I'd almost have to go with the long at 2lb, 0 oz.