Best RoadTrips

EWolfe

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just about everyroad trip i have taken was the best. for me a roadtrip is something longer then a week.

flying into slc to be picked up by hollywood and rasta...come out to the van and akili has just opened a 1/2 gallon of milk on the front seat. this was the theme for the rest of the trip. akili and her garbage habit...tho i beat it out of her with the actual garbage can.. issue solved. tho we had a great time in the desert climbing and getting rained off of some neat towers...getting to talk to the anti government separtist holed up in the desert with his pet cats(like 20 of them!!!)

learning to really jam in the creek.

taking knife hits while driving.

i wish i could remember more of the trip!!!

fly into vegas and meet micro for a few months of fun!!! climb in red rocks.....only did two routes but both were quite enjoyable!!! tho both seemed fairly passive for the amount of hype they both get..i would like more challenges there this winter...tho i think i have found the person to lead me to those!!!!

going to the strip and winning gas money for the next leg of the trip...trying to get micro to sleep with a transvestite!!!! hitting on old wimmin!!!!

the creek!!! the creek!!! the creek!!! need i say more???

drinking a 1/4 of bezis and learning the spiritual side of canyoneering and ansazi ruins!!!! whoa!! i still have wierd feelings occasionally!!! something that can never be explained only enjoyed!!! watching micro onsite indian creek! never have i ever seen such an awesome display of climbing ability. especially compared to my stylish flailing!! almost breaking chrises leg...tho i think she is cool with it now!!

phx with micros grandparents for t-day!! (wow almost a year ago!!!!) all i can say is drizzzzzunk!!!!!!! and to see the old timers break and repair the slide projector!! made the fucker work better then when it left the factory!!!! driving around phx with micro's grandpa......makes nascar look like pussy driving!!!

zion with special and micro!!! micro again teaching sandstone what weakass washington climbers are about!!!!! iron messiah!!! whoa!! this thing is stacked flakes! with no back!!! whoa!!! looks like another no gear pitch!!!!!! water bottle death!!!!!! the hippies!!!!!

ice in leevining and b/c skiing and hotties with blunts in mammoth!!!!!!!

straight on thru to home and shit.....

9 days with special, daniamal and micro up in the can rockies!!! "never have a i seen someone drink soo much and drive so well." that was the theme....i will have to get back on the rest of the trip..tho i remember dan and special workin there magic with the calgary teenies!!! wazzup.gif.......seein sdru help smash dans face and the fear i felt being right above dan when said accident occured!! i was waiting for an axe placement in my foot!!!!

2 months straight at index in the dead of winter and tendonitous!!!!

back to work!

zion with another friend!!!! leanring what it means to bonk and get shut the fuck down......learning to lead chim pitches with no gear and how to deal with the fear when you get stuck!!!!!

aiding on sandstone!!

sportsbras!!! and scandal!!!!

the 1st trip to smith ever....2 weeks b4 skool started!!!! fear, pain...beer and more!!! discovered that this was what i needed to be doing irregardless if it served any purpose or not!!! dislocated shoulder!!!! bbq the pope!!!!! cheap wine! and driving on the wrong side of the road!!!!!!!!!

t-meadows with micro, hollywood and my friend friend atarithumbdotdot......the drive!! the sheep camping!!! the stone!!! the wimmin and living in my cave!!! sleeping at cedars!!! soloing and winning the babes!!! ahh the girl from stl...hahaha!!!! falling in the talus field!!!!!! being beat up for whining about it!!! the blood!! soloing more and more!!! the original baby orca!!! chilli dog and staining my books!!! quality control valley style!!!!

the palisades with the medic!!! more and more and more and more stories of the death and medic hijinx!!! (boring!!!!) donner summit..."i can solo this!" "no you cant, you are gonna hurtyourself!" "okay, ill rope up" WHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha

the end of the world with micro and hollywood!!! watching micro go fix the 1st two pitches of moonlight and end up on top 6 hours later!!!! one set of cams and one rope!!! desert shield!!! the beer!!!!!!!!! wearing a bra in the mud!!! the hot box!!! corrupting a mormon!!!!

and like 4 ski trips to the wasatch that i wish i could tell y'all about!!

man i love roadtrips!!! and i cannot wait for my next one!!!!! tho this one will be never ending!!!!!!

bigdrink.gif

chicago when i was 16- non climbing but still amazing-never ever try and drink tequila with a bunch of brazillian boys!

1990- florida and back with my best friend. wish i remembered more of it. there was climbing and drinking and riding and driving. best 8 mos of my life!!!! rockband.gif the roadside bivy in bucksnort tn, climbing in tn and NC in the clear cold winter sun. newyrs and mardis gras both in new orleans... my bday in the bahamas...the FL beaches...august in the valley on the way home...strange places we stopped along the way.

CO a couple summers ago. old friends, good climbing in RMNP and the flatirons, no obligations, sunburned left arm. crazy stuck rope way up long's peak. 2 weeks wandering wherever.

My top three:

3) Driving down to New Orleans from Albany, NY for Mardi Gras my senior year in college. Fixed the muffler on my friends car in Nashville with phone cord; a better fix than the ethernet wire. Before leaving New Orleans, we decided to do is right and got some chainlink. Mardi Gras is of course, another story.

2)Yosemite

And of course the best one:

Two years ago, loading up an '88 Honda Accord with my belongings and driving to Portland from Massachusetts so I could climb real mountains.