Freaky Yet Awesome Leavenworth

Dwayner

Those of you who squandered your time in Vantage on Sunday missed out on some superb weather and no crowds in Leavenworth. So first we goes to the Peshastin Pinnacles, and do a little of this and that. First route we do and we encounter a brand new shiny #12 stopper left readily retrievable in a crack. Yahoo! But there is more...we found a hat nearby in the bushes...a camo army type hat with a name on it. The name was "North". We think it belongs to Ollie North and we are going to list it on EBAY and make lots of money. Now get this: we're finding gear and celebrity clothing items and such, and my buddy comes back with a fistfull of $$$ that he found on the ground. $23! And then I go rooting around and find one more just laying in the dirt! Their crispy conditions suggest they spent a bit of time in the snow. We have concluded that this is probably money that fell out of an airplane years ago when D.B. Cooper jumped. Thanks for the cold sodas, the snacks and burgers at Gustavs, Mr. Cooper! Very few people out climbing although one group showed up with at least four big dogs....like whatever! Then we traversed to Icicle Canyon...again, splendid and very few climbers. We did see a small herd of young, boisterous "boulderers" walking down the road with a large mattress over their heads...their bouldering pad. They were making a lot of noise and glances at whoever walked or drove by as if to say, "Look at us! We're wild and wacky! We're walking down the road with a damn mattress on our heads! We're the cutting edge of American youth! Somebody please...throw us some Mentos!" We looked (after all, it was attention they were seeking)and came to our own conclusion: What a bunch of horses' rears! Anything to get on the cover of Bouldering Bad Boys magazine! No Mentos for any of you! Understand? No Mentos!

The town of 11-worth was quiet and the drive home was mellow...people probably watching the goofy movie awards.

- Dwayner

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

the camo hat and cash are just too much of a coincidence. and if you include the fact that the road crew on N. Cascade HWY did not even start to clear the road until the middle of March which is when it opened last year, we are talking major conspiracy! [hell no]

Oh, Professor Dwayner, to live such a charmed life as yours....being an old curmudgeonly guy withholding Mentos from America's future leaders....while you were increasing your girth at Gustav's, I was at a faabuloous party downtown with the usual crowd, you know, Winona, Brad and Jen, Julia, Gwyneth (poor thing had the worst excuse for a dress on) Denzel, the whole gang. I broke out a little black chiffon number, and had the girls in the Hair Department at work (I just looove having a Hair Department at work, don't you?) whip my bob up into a little French Twist, crawled into those 4" platform sandals (making me 6'1", and with the hair, a little top-heavy) and well, it would have been a great party but Julia got all weepy when I walked in looking better than her in a $30 dress and a borrowed hairdo. I guess I'll have to take her out to lunch or something to make it up to her.

You went climbing? Isn't that kind of a poseur thing to do? Come on, no one on this board actually does that, do they? [laf]

Doh, I was so close to meeting the legendary Dwayner. I was also at Peshastin on Sunday. Although we started in the Icicle and migrated out to the Pinnacles later. We came home w/ no loot. And while we didn't walk around w/ mattresses on our heads, some of our party did enter the McDonalds in town w/ our harnesses still on, biners and doohickies clipped on. Because, you know, what the heck, we were just going to have to put them back on and climb some more later anyway. After a nice day of fairly mellow climbing we gorged ourselves at El Caporal in Cle Elum, and a good time was had by all. Their peach marguerritas taste suspiciously orangy, but they're pretty good anyway.

quote:

And while we didn't walk around w/ mattresses on our heads, some of our party did enter the McDonalds in town w/ our harnesses still on, biners and doohickies clipped on. Because, you know, what the heck, we were just going to have to put them back on and climb some more later anyway.[/QB]

Yeah, I've heard that the slide in Playland goes 510b, 5.11a with burger-greasy fingers.

grin.gif" border="0