New route

RICHARD_CILLEY

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dick Cilley lives!

I still remember my formative days in Leavenworth, running around with an equally inept buddy TRing all the 5.3s we could find.

More than once you'd walk up offering to sell us nuts, cams whatever out of the back of your van. I bought my first guidebook (stapled together blue-covered Leavenworth Guide) from you.

As teenagers without much clue about what climbing was all about, I think you lifestyle mistified us at the time. Way to keep sending!

Darin

slap...the seam ends one to two moves below the roof which has two good positve holds and then big moves over the lip...needs another anchor to prevent rope scrapeage.

fun roof problem...almost got it myself..katie brown action figure was the tentative name... hahaha.gif

the corn licker corner to the right is awesome thumbs_up.gif

both routes would be worthy additions to the all ready fine sporto wall...when do you wanna powerup the ole twocycle??

fukin stellar weather wednesday..... cool.gifbigdrink.gif

and today at disVantage.

..At your request.In the prehistory of Hueco,Sherman and I were there alone a week.On the 7th day some El Paso locals came out.They showed us 1 of their proj.After watching the crew flail awhile,I jumped on.I pulled the key hold to pec level while sucking my hips into the wall.As my fingers touched the finishing jug,I explained to the crowd that all u have to do is suck in.At that instant the hold broke sendig spotters running and me onto my back amongst the boulders.For me it will always be the Turtleback problem because its shaped like the inside of a turtleshell.

RICHARD_CILLEY said:

..At your request.In the prehistory of Hueco,Sherman and I were there alone a week.On the 7th day some El Paso locals came out.They showed us 1 of their proj.After watching the crew flail awhile,I jumped on.I pulled the key hold to pec level while sucking my hips into the wall.As my fingers touched the finishing jug,I explained to the crowd that all u have to do is suck in.At that instant the hold broke sendig spotters running and me onto my back amongst the boulders.For me it will always be the Turtleback problem because its shaped like the inside of a turtleshell.

Most excellent! That is a classic corridor problem in the gym! That is a wicked lock on a mean scoop with a bad crater. blush.gif V6 was the top of my game in '96, and I couldn't even get close to that one. I did get Bansai Knife, though. thumbs_up.gif

YOU THE MAN!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

RICHARD_CILLEY said:

Did a new top rope off the chains of the 5.9at Clems holler. Quality.Probably at least 11d. try it!

Hideous! (That's something you used to say a bunch when we was getting drunk down in Joshua Tree). I wanted to ask you....to the best of your knowledge, is Gutbuster unrepeated? Also, I noticed that Doin' the Dishes is graded 12b in the new guide. Does that sound right to you?

doin the dishes. 12b? yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif

yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif

yeah and in the new guidebook as retro pointed out awhile ago...crack of dooom is now 10b...bwahahaha. hahaha.gif

disvantage was kewl today.......... hahaha.gif

actually climbed a sport climb there that had a hand crack at the start with a bolt next to it and then up higher above a pedestal around the crux level there was a tcu placement with no bolt next to it..if you blow the long reach over the roof splat...but if you have a long reach much easier.....wtf is up with that shit...stooooooopid! the 30' route has three bolts and then the anchor...other 30' routes next to it have four and five bolts...why the difference. stoopid crack heads is all me and capp could imagine would ever create such idiotic bolt placements.

Dont know if anyone else has done the Gutbuster.If someone has,they can say so here.Havent done Doin Dishes in Decades.Holds get smaller,but shoes get better.I think the same weekend I did the Gutbuster I did the lieback seam at the original Zekes Boulder.When I've shown it to kids who rediscover the boulder it hadnt even occured to them.Someone should get on it.If people dont spread out and try different climbs we lose them to the vegetation. On that note, I toproped Giant size Baby Thing off the Sloe Children anchors the other day.Excellent and hard.More like 11d.