Where is gravity highest 4U?

Jens

Where are the areas that everytime you visit it feels like you're wearing a weight belt? I do not mean ratings at all-- because ratings vary wildly form area to area. Instead I am speaking to where you fall in relation to the rest of the pack of climbers that are also at the area on any given day. (not that climbing is about being competitive, but I just want to hear some responses).

Mine:

1st- Peshastin Pinnacles

2nd- UW rock

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on user-polished limestone. it gets so slick i can't believe people climb the stuff but the euros don't seem to have any problem with it.

around here, i'd say index on a hot and muggy summer day but i think most everyone around me is affected as well grin.gif

scott_harpell said:

sumas mountain... i struggle up the easy 10's there... but it is a shit heap anyways... i hate that style of climbing. madgo_ron.gifwazzup.gif

That's what they all say.

"It's too hot!"

"It's too cold!"

"It's too greasy!"

"It's too steep!"

"It's too slabby!"

"It's a crack!"

"It's too knobby!"

"It's too technical!"

"It's too powerful!"

"It's too sharp!"

And in the end,

"I just suck." rockband.gif

cracked said:

scott_harpell said:

sumas mountain... i struggle up the easy 10's there... but it is a shit heap anyways... i hate that style of climbing. madgo_ron.gifwazzup.gif

"It's too hot!"

"It's too cold!"

"It's too greasy!"

"It's too steep!"

"It's too slabby!"

"It's a crack!"

"It's too knobby!"

"It's too technical!"

"It's too powerful!"

"It's too sharp!"

And in the end,

and i suppose you can pull down 13's every place you have ever been ace? rolleyes.gif have you been there? no and..... no the_finger.gif

scott_harpell said:

That style of climbing out of a mud pit only to discover someone stole all the hangers?

Go to Hatzic instead... granite... bumper belay.... thumbs_up.gif

Dru said:

scott_harpell said:

That style of climbing out of a mud pit only to discover someone stole all the hangers?

Go to Hatzic instead... granite... bumper belay.... thumbs_up.gif

yeah i was climbing there before the SAR guys jacked the hangers... they even took the lead bolts. madgo_ron.gif actually i dont care cause i would rather go elsewhere... i just remember climbing there when it was snowing and i hated everyminute cause i was hangdoggin' yellaf.gif

scott_harpell said:

cracked said:

scott_harpell said:

"It's too hot!"

"It's too cold!"

"It's too greasy!"

"It's too steep!"

"It's too slabby!"

"It's a crack!"

"It's too knobby!"

"It's too technical!"

"It's too powerful!"

"It's too sharp!"

And in the end,

and i suppose you can pull down 13's every place you have ever been ace? rolleyes.gif have you been there? no and..... no the_finger.gif

Shall I call the WAAAAAHHHHmbulance? yellaf.gifthe_finger.gif

cracked said:

scott_harpell said:

cracked said:

scott_harpell said:

"It's too hot!"

"It's too cold!"

"It's too greasy!"

"It's too steep!"

"It's too slabby!"

"It's a crack!"

"It's too knobby!"

"It's too technical!"

"It's too powerful!"

"It's too sharp!"

And in the end,

Shall I call the WAAAAAHHHHmbulance? yellaf.gifthe_finger.gif

does anyone else hear that? its a funny high whirring sound... rolleyes.gif

I climb my worst when I am around large crowds of people...especially if I dont know them. Call me a wimp, but I get intimidated easily knowing there is an audience. So the gym....I wont dare step in there anymore.

Or large tourist areas on weekends.

To my credit I have been working on it a bit. As a friend of mine said one day...you never know when you are going to be climbing in some area, totally stoked, but scared shitless because its a 4 star offwidth, x, r...youre halfway up and then the tourist bus pulls up with everyone staring, commenting, pointing and taking pictures. What do you do then? LEARN TO FUCKING DEAL.

I climb best when Im in new situations, when Im with better climbers (especially if I dont know them well), and when I have my head screwed on right. On the rare occassion all those factors come together in one place, the type of rock, climb , or weather really doesnt affect me.

cracked said:

scott_harpell said:

cracked said:

With your girlfriend. rolleyes.gif

uh huh sure... so you speak russian too? thought you were gonna come to beat my ass biatch. the_finger.gif well anyways, you missed a good day climbing. moon.gif

Hah! I was there, wondering where you were. I found out that Libra Crack is, for me, harder than any 10a I've done in my life. Wicked thin hands and no feet. hellno3d.gif I couldn't even TR it. hellno3d.gifhellno3d.gif Pissed me off. madgo_ron.gif

yellaf.gif and you were gonna show me up? yelrotflmao.gif nice day though eh? perfect temps for the sticky rubbah. thumbs_up.gif