Renowned climber to give talk in Mascow Idaho

Rich_Sheffield

MOSCOW - Climber Fred Beckey will give a slide show and lecture Tuesday at the University of Idaho Law School.

The 80-year old-climber,who lives part time in Bellevue,Wash..when not climbing,has more then 100 first ascents

to his name. He has been a climber for nearly 70 years and has written several books. The program starts at 7:30 Pp.m. wave.gif

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rich_Sheffield said:

MOSCOW - Climber Fred Beckey will give a slide show and lecture Tuesday at the University of Idaho Law School.

The 80-year old-climber,who lives part time in Bellevue,Wash..when not climbing,has more then 100 first ascents

to his name. He has been a climber for nearly 70 years and has written several books. The program starts at 7:30 Pp.m. wave.gif

100? That's a low estimate... wouldn't 1000 be more like it?

Yeah, just got back from the show. A-fucking-amazing. This guy is 80 and call still climb circles around me. He made some comment about climbing a 10c in Mexico a couple weeks ago. I'm a quarter of his age and couldn't do a 10c to save my life. First rates slides of his ascents all over the continent. I hung around afterwards and got him to sign a book. Felt like when you see a mountain for the first time after seeing pictures of it forever. Really a amazing man.