Lizerds Head

Country_Jake

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ive been in the snowy range just west of laramie - pretty but nothing to write home about - between green river and laramie there isnt a whole lot of actual peaks to climb - lots to hike however... if youre talking lizards head in the san juans - chossy, but not as bad as its reputed to be.

pindale?! are you talking about a range called the san juans in the rockies, in the southwestern part of a state called colorado? thats where the lizards head i was referring to is located. if not, i dont have a clue my man.

quote:

Originally posted by Country Jake:
Any one climbed Lizerds head in the Rockies?

Or any of the peaks between The green river valley and Laramie (Wyoming)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Mi is nas cearta an damhan-Allaidh air am balla

you mean in the wind rivers??? clarification can go along way somtimes!!!!!!!!

and by the way what is the hike like up to snow lake??? is there any snow???

"the rockies just south of Pindale (10-15mi.)"

I would guess he means either the Southern Winds or the Snowy Range. Most likely the Winds from Pinedale.

If you go south on the main road (it actually goes south by east it is the winds. If you go south as the crow flies it might be the Snowy range...not sure about that part.

My bad guys, and thanx to Alex for knowing where I'm talkin' about even though I'm a shmuck.

I haven't been back there for years, I used to work for some outfitters, running a pack string during the summers... I loved to just see wich peak I could climb up, on my time off, but Because I am inexperienced I couldn't tell you what kind of routs they were.I did mostly free climbing during thoughs summers but now have found some brains and bought some gear. since then i'v climbed some of the oregon volcanos~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Mi is nas cearta an damhan-allaidah air am balla rolleyes.gif" border="0