The North Face tents

K_Y_L_E

Anyone know the difference between the "Mountain Tent" and the "Mountain 25". I am looking to put a Mountain Tent fly on a Mountain 25 tent. From what I can find the dimensions height and area are identical, but some lady at The North Face said the Mountain 25 was bigger??????? Anyone??

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the "Mountain tent" was their mid to late 80s two person mountaineering tent (which was absolutely bomber) and the "Mountain 25" is the newer one with some performance issues (though still relatively bomber). We had two of each when I was running the club back home, and the older ones were nicer!!

K_Y_L_E said:

Anyone know the difference between the "Mountain Tent" and the "Mountain 25". I am looking to put a Mountain Tent fly on a Mountain 25 tent. From what I can find the dimensions height and area are identical, but some lady at The North Face said the Mountain 25 was bigger??????? Anyone??

DO YOU STILL HAVE THE POLES TO YOUR MTN TENT? IF SO I WANT THEM....MAYBE TRADE FOR THEM...

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe the Moutain Tent turned into the Mountain 25 around mid 90's. (There may have been an earlier Mountain Tent of a different design) At the point it changed it was name only (aside from the nice color coded pole sleeves) - there should be interchangeability.

Bomber Tent.

damn, Dave, thats a good idea!

I think the North Face tents have been good tents, much better when they were made in the USA but the mountain tents are still pretty bomber. They've got a nice four man expedition tent right now at a good weight, good one for Denali.

An older tent the North Face had completely dialed in, was the three hoop Westwind. Two person Denali worthy tent, 5# 14 ounces in a stuff sack. If people shop Ebay, this is a great tent to snag up. I've seen Fred B. with one, not that that means anything...

that fly issue will probably be problematic, as a difference as little as an inch could make for a lot of flap. You could always customize a not quite well fitting fly if you were handy with a sewing machine.