Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lambone said:

cracked said:

Ask Lambone how many people use your system while toproping the Deeping Wall. Or maybe Lambone is another dangerous climber with absolutely appalling ropework? yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif You are so clueless. yelrotflmao.gif

Dude, we used one rope..don't make me repeat myself again.... although...I don't see anything wrong with your set up, except that it's hard on double ropes to TR on one strand. Still a gaper photo though...dude the homemade gorts and hunter orange pack have gotta go...

Yes, it's tough on the ropes, but it's all we had. Did you have a 70m? I outgrew the pants. The pack's still hanging on, though! fruit.gif

Lambone said:

hunter orange pack

huh? cantfocus.gif

True it's not a flattering picture since he is weighting the rope, but so what. He was out there gettin' his groove on and I salute him for it.

To Cracked:

bigdrink.gif <--- That's cola, not beer (for a couple more years eh)

eric8 said:

I like to make fun of cracked because he "works" sport routes by climbing up to a bolt clipping it hanging on it, then climbing to the next one, cliping it etc etc. Then raving about how sweet the moves yeah sounds like fun man. Or for spraying on the internet then telling me he has homework to do and can't go climbing on the weekend.

This thread is so much fun! fruit.gif

Eric has never belayed a sport climber working a route before....you've got some learning to do! grin.gif PS, I've been climbing or skiing every weekend since school started!

Alpinfox said:

Lambone said:

hunter orange pack

huh? cantfocus.gif

True it's not a flattering picture since he is weighting the rope, but so what. He was out there gettin' his groove on and I salute him for it.

To Cracked:

bigdrink.gif <--- That's cola, not beer (for a couple more years eh)

Thanks. As for the weighting the rope part, those skinny ropes absorb a lot of force. Though it sounds like I'm beating my chest, the reality was that the rope didn't take more than 5 pounds off. Was a fun little TR, even if I'm too chickenshit to lead it.

Edit: THIS orange pack: chair4.jpg

Alpinfox said:

Dru said:

Alpinfox said:

or

if you aren't careful you MIGHT trip over a stalagMITE.

-from my days as a tour guide in a cave.

does that make you a troglodyte? bigdrink.gif

From dictionary.com

trog·lo·dyte ( P ) Pronunciation Key (trgl-dt)

n.

A member of a fabulous [huh?] or prehistoric race of people that lived in caves, dens, or holes.

A person considered to be reclusive, reactionary, out of date, or brutish.

An anthropoid ape, such as a gorilla or chimpanzee . [that's me]

An animal that lives underground, as an ant or a worm.

Note: I knew what "troglodyte" meant, I just like to look words up sometimes. Geek_em8.gif

you got it bigdrink.gifthumbs_up.gif "pan troglodytes" snaf.gif

chim·pan·zee ( P ) Pronunciation Key (chmpn-z, -pn-, chm-pnz)

n.

A gregarious anthropoid ape ( Pan troglodytes ) of tropical Africa, having long dark hair and somewhat arboreal habits and exhibiting humanlike behavior and a high degree of intelligence . It is now considered vulnerable to extinction in the wild.

Well, look at me! I'm a frickin' genius!

grin.gif

Alpinfox said:

n.

A gregarious anthropoid ape ( Pan troglodytes ) of tropical Africa, having long dark hair and somewhat arboreal habits and exhibiting humanlike behavior and a high degree of intelligence . It is now considered vulnerable to extinction in the wild.

grin.gif

"somewhat arboreal" - I wanna know what that has to do with caves anyhow? Shouldn't Cpt Caveman be the real troglodyte.

Trogdordyte?

Dru said:

Alpinfox said:

n.

grin.gif

"somewhat arboreal" - I wanna know what that has to do with caves anyhow? Shouldn't Cpt Caveman be the real troglodyte.

Trogdordyte?

Now yer talking. thumbs_up.gif

scott_harpell said:

later g. if'n ya wanna pawn off that pack lemme know. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

i was trying to get him to make me one but he wouldn't feel special if others had one too i guess so that was a no go. Oh well time to go climbing (insert lame chestbeat icon here)

Alpinfox said:

n.

grin.gif

Alpinfox.... went to see Jane Goodall's "Wild Chimpanzees" at the Imax theatre... It rockband.gifd!!!

And shit you people were busy spraying last night!! wave.gif

adventuregal said:

Alpinfox said:

n.

grin.gif

Alpinfox.... went to see Jane Goodall's "Wild Chimpanzees" at the Imax theatre... It rockband.gifd!!!

And shit you people were busy spraying last night!! wave.gif

shit yah! just got off of class and had to take my aggression out on someone. grin.gifyellaf.gif

I'm back, jackasses! Got some freshiez in (yeah Beck, while you were too lame to look for them). Since Jeff refuses to get miserable again next weekend, I'll go to Skaha and school you chumps. grin.gif

bigdrink.gif I feel all warm and fuzzy knowing that everybody cares so much about me.

cracked said:

eric8 said:

I like to make fun of cracked because he "works" sport routes by climbing up to a bolt clipping it hanging on it, then climbing to the next one, cliping it etc etc. Then raving about how sweet the moves yeah sounds like fun man. Or for spraying on the internet then telling me he has homework to do and can't go climbing on the weekend.

This thread is so much fun! fruit.gif

Eric has never belayed a sport climber working a route before....you've got some learning to do! grin.gif PS, I've been climbing or skiing every weekend since school started!

2 things first climbing in the gym doesn't count and second if i go hiking in the rain can i call it skiing too. the_finger.gif