hakioawa

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

trask said:

lI1|1! said:

what are gun enthusiasts suggesting be done to prevent negligence accidents like this in the future?

Home gun safes, education and a clue. Prosecution and a revocation of said moron's gun rights if all else fails. Oh, and what Fairweather said about you being racist, goes for me too. thumbs_down.gif

trask-

would you be ok with random home inspections by police to make sure guns are stored safely? would you be ok with a gun registration tax to pay for enforcement?

i apologize for making fun of white trash, i didn't know you guys were sensitive.

i guess i didn't think i was being racist because i'm white and i was just making fun of people being trashy and stupid and leaving loaded .45's lying around. but in the future i will keep your concerns in mind.

trask said:

lI1|1! said:

trask-

would you be ok with random home inspections by police to make sure guns are stored safely? would you be ok with a gun registration tax to pay for enforcement?

No to both.

but i thought a gun is like a vehicle with respect to being something that is dangerous if not used correctly? our cars are dangerous weapons, and we have cops patrolling the roads to make sure people are using them safely, and we are required to bring them in for inspection. so in the case of automobiles we already sacrifice a small amount of liberty to insure public safety. why doesn't the analogy hold for guns as well? huh? we talking about 4 y/o girls getting shot here, how about letting up on your excessive need for privacy?

I'm not going to argue this with you. You're well aware of our constitutional rights (I would hope you are anyway). Cars and guns aren't in the same league...hundreds of people die daily due to one thing or another. My right to privacy is sacred. With your goofy little gun laws, I give up little bits of this privacy very reluctantly and with bitterness. I'm sure you've heard the one about prying my gun from my cold dead hands....

Btw, here's a thread about what the gun guys think of this 4 year old kid shooting incident. Interesting.

NEXT

trask said:

I'm not going to argue this with you. You're well aware of our constitutional rights (I would hope you are anyway). Cars and guns aren't in the same league...hundreds of people die daily due to one thing or another. My right to privacy is sacred. With your goofy little gun laws, I give up little bits of this privacy very reluctantly and with bitterness.

NEXT

you're not going to argue with me because you're losing. so somebody posts a story about how dangerous guns are and you say cars are just as dangerous. i point out that cars are regulated by police so why not regulate guns the same way and you say never mind that arguement.

why bother argueing with morons.

trask said:

lI1|1! said:

trask-

No to both.

Our right to privacy doesn't seem so iron-clad.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

--4th Amendment to US Constitution

Basically, the 4th Amendment protection is extended "to safeguard the privacy and security of individuals against arbitrary invasions by governmental officials." These government searches typically involve investigation of suspected criminal activity and require a warrant.

Now, here's an important exemption for non-criminal investigations as stated: "Certain administrative inspections utilized to enforce regulatory schemes with regard to such items as alcohol and firearms are, however, exempt from the Fourth Amendment warrant requirement and may be authorized simply by statute." One particular exemption with regard to firearms was granted in order to comply with the Gun Control Act of 1968.

See my thread on Judicial Activism regarding the right to privacy. The so-called right to privacy is not specifically guaranteed in any one amendment rather it is inferred from several. The right to privacy is called a penumbra right.

"Previous cases suggest that the specific guarantees in the Bill of Rights have penumbras, formed by emanations from those guarantees that give them substance. Various guarantees create zones of privacy, such as the First Amendment right of association, the Third Amendment prohibition against quartering soldiers in a home, the Fourth Amendment right to be secure in one's person, house, papers, and effects, the Fifth Amendment right to not surrender anything to one's detriment, and the Ninth Amendment right to not deny or disparage any right retained by the people. These cases press for recognition of the penumbral rights of privacy and repose." (Justice DOUGLAS, for the majority with GOLDBERG, WARREN, & BRENNAN also concurring)

Griswold v. Connecticut 381 U.S. 479 (1965)

Ok, I'm no lawyer so call me full of shit.

lI1|1! said:

trask said:

I'm not going to argue this with you. You're well aware of our constitutional rights (I would hope you are anyway). Cars and guns aren't in the same league...hundreds of people die daily due to one thing or another. My right to privacy is sacred. With your goofy little gun laws, I give up little bits of this privacy very reluctantly and with bitterness.

NEXT

you're not going to argue with me because you're losing. so somebody posts a story about how dangerous guns are and you say cars are just as dangerous. i point out that cars are regulated by police so why not regulate guns the same way and you say never mind that arguement.

I gotta jump in here. First I really don't believe people really need hand guns or some of the other weapons that you can get out there, it is completely ridiculous. At the same time I believe everybody should have the right to own one if you want. Only thing I wish is, if people misuse them or are completely irresponsible, their rights should be taken away and in this particular case. The adult that owns this gun that the 4 y.o. used should be proscuted with at least manslaughter. The kid is not responsible for the death that occured, it is the idiot that created the atmosphere for this to happen in the first place. lI1|1! the last thing I think we need more regulation, sorry I am big boy and don't need anymore big brother watching over my shoulder. All more regulation is going to do is create more bullshit, more hoops to jump through, more forms to fill out, more things to registar for, all because we want big brother to watch over our neighbors shoulder to make us feel safe. Fuck that, I am not going to feel any safer. Where do we draw the line, it is not just guns that can kill, there are all kinds of other things out there that can be used, have been used and will continue to be used to kill people. Our problem is not with guns, it is our culture. Removing guns does not change who we are. We will still be able to blow up each other, stab each other, poison each other, ect. The real problem is how do we change who we are as a society?

ken4ord said:

lI1|1! said:

trask said:

NEXT

I gotta jump in here. First I really don't believe people really need hand guns or some of the other weapons that you can get out there, it is completely ridiculous. At the same time I believe everybody should have the right to own one if you want. Only thing I wish is, if people misuse them or are completely irresponsible, their rights should be taken away and in this particular case. The adult that owns this gun that the 4 y.o. used should be proscuted with at least manslaughter. The kid is not responsible for the death that occured, it is the idiot that created the atmosphere for this to happen in the first place. lI1|1! the last thing I think we need more regulation, sorry I am big boy and don't need anymore big brother watching over my shoulder. All more regulation is going to do is create more bullshit, more hoops to jump through, more forms to fill out, more things to registar for, all because we want big brother to watch over our neighbors shoulder to make us feel safe. Fuck that, I am not going to feel any safer. Where do we draw the line, it is not just guns that can kill, there are all kinds of other things out there that can be used, have been used and will continue to be used to kill people. Our problem is not with guns, it is our culture. Removing guns does not change who we are. We will still be able to blow up each other, stab each other, poison each other, ect. The real problem is how do we change who we are as a society?

What the hell does the following mean?

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

--Ninth Amendment to US Constitution