Not that I'd do this, but...

allthumbs

Open Gun Carry in Washington State is legal! This legislation occurred about 4 years ago. The City of Tacoma just about shit their pants when they found out that they could not prohibit (legally that is) the open carry of firearms. Washington is a preemption state which means that the local governing bodies, cities, towns, etc. cannot cannot pass ordinances or laws regarding the possession of firearms, OTHER than as described in RCW 9.41. Governor Locke even signed the legislation. I recall hearing all of this on the news and subsequently contacted Joel Waldron of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms (CCRKBA) and asked for verification. CCRKBA is headquartered in Bellevue, WA. Joe confirmed that open carry was legal in Washington State. Of course, you are gonna get hassled. Make DAMN sure that you are not perceived as "brandishing the weapon" as that will get you into the slammer. With all forms of carry, be RESPONSIBLE, RESPONSIBLE, RESPONSIBLE and SAFE! If you don't exercise a right, you haven't got it!

BTW, I only carry concealed with a permit.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

glacierdog said:

That's good news. What precisely constitutes "brandishing a weapon?"

bran·dish (br;n'd;sh)

tr.v., -dished, -dish·ing, -dish·es.

1. To wave or flourish (a weapon, for example) menacingly.

2. To display ostentatiously. See synonyms at flourish.

n.

A menacing or defiant wave or flourish.

...see trask's avatar image for instance.

Dru said:

wearing a cowboy hat or cowboy boots in anywhere west of the mountains is about semantically equal to a man wearing a dress. boxing_smiley.gif just another dressup in drag thing. just shouts out POSER boxing_smiley.gifwave.gif

Dru, just go to a rodeo and call a cowboy a "poser", and he'll say, "I don't know what the hell, you is talkin' 'bout boy, but if that means "fag", I'm a gonna whip yo' ass."